Simplex Price Is Already Low - What Will A Used Simplex Sell For?

If the Simplex is as great that we think it will be for what all it has to offer I don’t see myself selling it. 

The people that bought a detector that cost two or three times more than the Simplex that offers less has a real problem  if they want to move it.

I can’t say that the Simplex will be your number one go to detector . But for me at a low cost it is when water hunting it will be. Especially when my high dollar detector is out of warranty. On the Simplex  it would be best if it’s still in warranty but if  not for the price no big deal. I’ll just buy me another!

What I’d like to know if the Simplex has made the long swim to U S shores? I can’t find a word saying so .

Chuck 

56 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

If the Simplex is as great that we think it will be for what all it has to offer I don’t see myself selling it. 

The people that bought a detector that cost two or three times more than the Simplex that offers less has a real problem  if they want to move it.

I can’t say that the Simplex will be your number one go to detector . But for me at a low cost it is when water hunting it will be. Especially when my high dollar detector is out of warranty. On the Simplex  it would be best if it’s still in warranty but if  not for the price no big deal. I’ll just buy me another!

What I’d like to know if the Simplex has made the long swim to U S shores? I can’t find a word saying so .

Chuck 

This is a quote from Dilek from a facebook page

"Our first shipment to USA left on October 26th as promised and landed in the USA on Sunday or Monday, followed by 2 others that are landing in the USA tomorrow.

Due to the high demand for the product, we are trying to allocate product in the most fair way we can. We are planning to ship All pre-orders GLOBALLY within November. All the remaining USA orders that we received so far will ship the week of November 18th.

As we are not privy to any dealer or end user orders, we do not know which customer will get their units in the first 3 shipments that have already been sent to USA.

Please note that the demand for the product has exceeded the initial forecasts that were provided by distributors around the world. We have already increased our production capacity and we are hoping to go back to our regular lead times after all the pre-orders have been shipped.

Hope this helps and puts an end to all rumours or misinformation that I see on different groups.

Should you have any other questions, please feel free to ask me directly as the information will be accurate and honest!

Best Regards,"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Considering the r&d has been done 100x over on machines the only real costs is the molding for the plastic housings etc. Nokta seems pretty conservative on part shapes, ie same housing on Amphibios & Kruzers. I think the pressure will be more on First Texas and Garret than Minelab in the low cost machine realm to start coming up with something that can go head to head in that market. Minelab seems to be comfortable with their high tech mid to high end price range. I have seen many users start with a lower end machine and end up with a Minelab unit. Nokta seems to be playing it smart and going for a wider range of consumers.

I always wondered if the majority of sales of these machines are to existing detectorists rather than flat out new users? Starting to think dirt fishing is more similar to regular fishing in the way people collect fishing rods, detectorists seem to collect detectors.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kac said:

Minelab seems to be comfortable with their high tech mid to high end price range.

Vanquish shows ML too is making a play for the low cost but capable detector market, practically taking on the Garrett Ace series head on.  Brand loyalty is not going to expand the Garrett, FT, or Whites user base, especially if they are not releasing anything new AND compelling.  They should be concerned if they don’t have a reply to Simplex or Vanquish already in the works.

• Like 3

I agree Simon. Cruisin-snoozin-and loozin. The competition should get on rebalancing, lightening up and waterproofing in easy or complex updatable packages.

I wouldn't cast that T2 aside if you have a concentric coil on it. Bet it will still find more stuff than any new machine with a DD on it.

6 minutes ago, kac said:

I wouldn't cast that T2 aside if you have a concentric coil on it. Bet it will still find more stuff than any new machine with a DD on it.

T2's won't run concentric coils.  F75's will, but there aren't many in Fisher's arsenal (tiny 4x6 and midsize 7x10) and I don't think any aftermarket coil manufacturers even deal with concentrics.

22 minutes ago, kac said:

The 5" coil isn't concentric?

Nope, it’s a DD.  The other funny thing is the F75 and T2 DD coils are NOT cross compatible (doh!).  I keep an F75 around simply because it is compatible with concentric coils plus it sported the best all around ergonomics of any detector I ever used.  (I keep my Whites MXT around because I loved the analog controls) - both are basically museum pieces now.  They are like Nigel Tufnel’s Spinal Tap guitar collection - I cherish them, but no longer use them.  

90% chance Nokta comes out with a small concentric for Simplex just like they have for the Anfibio, Kruzer,  and Impact.  

ML has a slight edge in overall detecting technology with Multi  IQ.  Nokta is building solid performing units with features that are requested by their customers, if they come out with a multi frequency tech that rivals multi IQ, watch out.  XP has a a solid alternate, completely wireless and light/compact detector design that kills in thick iron but they need to break through in the multi frequency game too and become more affordable to stay relevant. 

Everyone else is on the outside looking in becoming less and less relevant with every new release by the other guys due to their outdated concepts and tech or clunky designs and comparatively expensive price tags for what you are getting.  Sad to see it.

• Like 3

I saw the Kruzer has a 9" concentric, think that would be a killer combo on that machine.

I prefer pots over buttons, so much finer to tweak than clicking though some numbers.

• Like 1