Sign in to follow this  
Nokta Detectors

Simplex+ Software Updates (2019.10.25 & 2019.11.01)

nokta-makro-simplex-plus-metal-detector.jpg

Hello all..as per customer requests and feedbacks, we have made the following updates on the Simplex+:

Software Update (2019.10.25) : System Software V2.67 / LCD Software V2.01

1. Wireless Connection Improvements:

• The wireless connection quality has been improved.
  • The pairing process with the wireless headphones has been simplified. You can download the new headphone instructions from this link.
  • Wireless icon has been added to the screen.

2. Save function has been added:

• The detector will now save all settings automatically once you turn your detector off and on again except for Ground Balance, Frequency Shift and LED Flashlight On/Off.

3. Factory Defaults function has been added.

To revert back to factory defaults please follow the steps below:

• Turn the detector on by pressing the power button.
  • Once the Simplex+ logo appears on the screen, press and hold down the SETTINGS and PINPOINT/CONFIRM button simultaneously until 3 short beeps are heard.

4. Frequency Shift:

• Frequency shift channels have been optimized and dropped to 3 channels: F1-F2-F3. F2 is the center frequency.

Software Update (2019.11.01) : System Software V2.68

Updates Made Version error message during update and minor bugs have been fixed.

See the Simplex+ Firmware Update Page for details.

THE USA SHIPMENTS INCLUDE THE UPDATES. Fİrst shipment leaving the factory tomorrow.

Thank you!

Dilek 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thank you! Good luck on the launch of the best entry level detector ever!

• Like 1

A prime example of how every manufacturer should be.... Nokta is sure leading the way in customer service and no doubt satisfaction.  I feel sorry for the other manufacturers that are stuck in their arrogant ways, it's going to come back and bite them sooner or later.  I for one appreciate you coming here to keep us informed Dilek.

• Like 4

It would take a lot to get me to buy any new detector now that lacks an update function. All new releases for quite a few years now have needed updates, and the only ones that have not is probably just because you get what you get and that’s the way it is going to be. Even if the machine needs improving after release any manufacturer that puts out a detector without an update feature will be resistant to the very idea. I’m betting the Garrett AT Max would have benefitted from a post release update, but lacking the update feature... well, it’s just not going to happen.

Just something to consider on all new releases these days.

• Like 2

Metal Detecting: Nokta-Makro Simplex Firmware Update Guide Oct 27, 2019 TheHunterGT

• Like 1

So I’m assuming (I haven’t tried it yet) that on start up of the Simplex,  one will see the software version on the lower part of the screen. Good to know thanks.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By wltdwiz
      hi all
      just got me a simplex & gotta tell you they named it right
      its a simple to run hi teck detector with lots of features & its got some bite to it..
      took it down the what i call the beach from hell  lots of bottle caps & nails & hot Arizona ground
      ground balanced at 87 & ran it in park..
      i would love to tell you that it dident pick up bottle caps but its a dd coil so it hits them but up just bellow the zinc penny range they could be dealt with hope they get a concentric out soon..
      the simplex has a wide spread on the discrimination nickles 22-23 coins 79-90 pulltabs in the middle.. hits hard on nickles..
      she found me this little beauty on a heavily worked beach in a mass of iron .. rang in at 19-20
      10 k 2.3 grams
      im happy  i have a new friend..
      Thanks makro for a great detector

• By Steve Herschbach
      Complete tear down with good circuit board photos here.

• By Ridge Runner
      I’m posting this to help our fellow man or woman.
       What we have out here is a lot of V -Want to be’s But the only place they can get them is at Shaft Sports.
       So you ask what can a Simplex + owner do  . Well first just let them hold your Simplex and tell them they can buy it from a dealer that  will be there after the sale . 
      If they ask why holding the Simplex it makes them nervous. Be sure to tell them you got it on vibrate. Do let them know it’s waterproof too .
       If they want to know how many different Simplex + are they just let them down easy and tell them Dilek said just one .
       I myself was looking maybe to buy a V but you won’t find me at Shaft Spots buying it .
       At this time in my life with my Simplex + I’m not sure of the need of a V.
       Chuck 
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Iffy Signals Dec 1, 2019 - We took the Simplex and Vanquish to a 1675 permission and compared some signals throughout the day.

• By Ridge Runner
      Yes this is my opinion not a review. 
       I’ve had my Simplex for a while but trouble finding the time to get out to see what it had to offer.
      i had done some air test with coins and several different gold rings. Then started notching out items I didn’t want to detect. After that I went back over the coins and jewelry I’d used for testing. The first problem was in some case I’d narrowed the notch too much without chopping the signal some.
       When I got it in the field with it in park I started swinging. The first thing that jumped out at me was the Simplex has super recovery speed.
       Checking everything that the Simplex has to offer I couldn’t find anything that I didn’t like about it .
       Maybe at a later date I’ll give a review on it but just my opinion for now.
       I will say that the 254.15 I spent for the Simplex + is the Best Buy you’ll ever make for the money.
       I told a friend earlier today that I don’t see the need to ever pick up my Sport again. Another thing I said that I don’t see the need for another coil being I was so happy with the coil that came with it .
       All the detectors I’ve had in the last few years would fall over ever time I put it down . Well today the sky opened up and every time I put the Simplex down it didn’t fall over not one time..
        Chuck