Dang, This Global Warming Sucks...

Going to get cold a month early. Down to 12* Monday morning, and 9* Tuesday morning, and then back to 12* Wednesday morning. Highs in the low 30's. We're planning a trip to the Winnemucca area around the 1st. Hope it warms up a little. The earliest I've ever seen single digits here is the first week of December, though I remember a couple of years when we had 10* about the 10th of November. Both of those years that 10* was the coldest temp of the entire winter. I have a feeling the talk of a Maunder Minimum may be true. We had a cold October last year, and even colder this year.

Jim

Aie same diff here downunder should be 40C and storms building up  not 29C and clear as.

Had a skiff of snow this morn (3rd snow this yr already) and a bud from Idaho called and said he had 2" last night....  Ain't sticking here YET......

Not bad here yet. No precip today, but a low of 18* tonight, and 10* lows for Sunday and Monday, and then 3* for Tuesday night and 7* for Wednesday night, and then slowly warming. High Tuesday only 26*. Even at 4,500' that's really chilly for this time of year. Don't think all the sugar beets are dug yet.

I see Butte's going to be below zero....poor citizens.

Jim

Hey, it could be worse.  Just ask a polar bear, before it's too late to find one.

• Like 1

LOL...this keeps up, and it won't be anything BUT polar bears.

Jim

• Like 1

I just returned from a week of deer hunting in the Payette National Forest in the McCall Idaho area with my two sons. It was cold, the lowest of the week being 20’. We had both snow and clear weather.

The deer hunting was very poor. The locals said this was the worst season for even seeing deer in a long time. They said recent past winter kill was the cause.

My son Frank killed a nice mule deer buck, but David and I were skunked. We wished we’d bought elk tags as we came upon quite a few herds with nice bulls.

It was a beautiful drive from the northwest corner of California. For those who have not seen much or any of the west, you should take a trip out here. Tremendous variety of lands with dense forests, open high deserts, lakes and the Pacific Ocean at the end.

Mike

• Like 1

I think the deer population is taking a serious hit from the wolves, Mike. I see it everywhere I go in the mountains...less and less deer sign.

Currently 26* here at 11:00am. North wind at about 15mph, and clear

Jim

• Like 1

Without getting into the "Global Warming" controversy, I can say with certainty that Eastern Oregon was wetter and cooler this year and especially this fall.  Despite that though, three of us were out on Thursday and were able to get one nice picker and the seven small pickers/pieces on a placer we hadn't been able to detect in a few years. (Private land with permission)  Next week though the weather man/lady predict nighttime temperatures down as low a 11 degrees.  (Onion harvest that is way behind already will essentially stop, leaving many fields to be plowed under.)

Hope we can still get a few more days out in the hills.

Gold 10 24 19.jpg

• Like 4