Steve H. Q & A With Dick Stout

On 10/26/2019 at 4:38 PM, Dick Stout said:

I have never met Steve but have heard nothing but great things. The responses to my Q&A and the comments here only reinforce that. You have a lot of friends Steve and they have a lot of respect for you. Thanks for all you do.....

Dick, your and Steve's interview has gotten a bit lost with the sub-topic, and that is understandable given its importance.  However, I must say that was a great interview.  You asked the right questions and Steve gave honest, sincere answers.  Thank you both.

• Like 4

Steve,

I will be listening to the interview shortly, but in the mean time, I am very glad to hear that you are having success at beating the alcoholism.  What a great story; thank you kindly for sharing!  It only increases my respect for you...

Steve

• Thanks 1

Steve, cool, thanks for your contributions, both prospecting and human nature, can not express how valuable this is. I remember running into you some years ago at Sawtooth when it rained for days and the road washed out, didn't know who you were at the time but I would like to see you again some day. Thank you for this site.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Steve, my deepest congratulations to your "coming out"! What you wrote about anonymity and the ego-thing and so on may be true and need to be careful thinking. But it's also very true, that it helps other people so much, to see, that everybody struggles in live, even a "bright star" like you.

Nowadays everybody tries to present only the best of himself in TV, social media etc.. This gives a very distorted image of how people are. This distorted image of flawless and successful people can lead to depressions because of the stress for many to reach this unachievable goal.

So I'm absolutely sure, your book will help many, not only regarding alcohol, but generally in life.

Thank you for your contribution, and God bless you, Steve!

• Like 3

On 10/26/2019 at 1:45 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

It’s a book on alcoholism and recovery, something I know too much about. I was addicted to alcohol and am coming up on eight years sober.

I've been sober since 1986.  

I don't know how it is I missed this thread until now.

• Like 7

I dont know how I missed it either !

Collapsed and Hospitalized with bleeding ulcers etc 🥴 at one point very many years ago.

Yuppers for me I believe it really belongs in yer radiator to keep the rig from freezing !

Very good Steve, and all else who have conquered the monster over the years.

Carry on Hapy Huntn 🤠😬🥴🙉🙊🙈😎

• Like 4