Steve H. Q & A With Dick Stout

Well done Steve, i too have about 8 years without the bottle and then four years later i dropped the somkes too. Metal detecting has been one force keeping me on the right path of digging deep and living life. I just joined this forum recently and seems like a good decision this is a great place. Thanks Steve 😀 look forward to reading your book.

ht 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, Dick Stout said:

I have never met Steve but have heard nothing but great things. The responses to my Q&A and the comments here only reinforce that. You have a lot of friends Steve and they have a lot of respect for you. Thanks for all you do.....

Hello Dick

Great words about a great man.

Good to see you in here and welcome aboard.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

That was my official “coming out” statement.

Wow!  That would have been very hard.  Well done.   

Best of luck with the book and hopefully it helps many others too 👍

• Thanks 1

Appreciate your important story Steve , I started in hospitality ( clubs and country hotels ) in1958 and finished in 2013 . In that span of years I saw many of both genders ruin their health , wealth , future and last but most importantly their family units . Over the years it broke my heart to see all of the above happen before my eyes . As I aged I tried extremely hard to help many people and their families , but I learnt that they have to own up to their problem , admit it and voluntary seek help . Thanks for your story , you have bought back many work related memories . I have always admired your knowledge and extreme strength to drive this forum in the best direction , well I've just added a further admiration of you , thanks for your story .

Cheers

goldrat

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well I gave up the smokes years ago (all sorts), but giving up my home brewed beer and whiskey may be a bit more difficult. I gave up smoking cold turkey. One day I just thought "that's enough" and stopped. No relapse, and no nicotine gum. Just stopped.

I try to keep the booze in moderation, but may one day have to give it up completely. My Apprehension is that people I have met over the years that neither smoke nor drink can be as boring as bat droppings. Especially those that are reformed, and the ones that tempt me into committing strangulation are the ones that have turned to religion.

Should I reluctantly decide to climb upon the wagon of boredom Steve I shall prevail upon you for some words of advice. Seriously.

• Like 3

This has been a terrific thread,Steve i take my hat off to you,really admire what you are doing and good luck for the future !!

• Thanks 1