What's Your Utv Sxs Brand?

Hello all, I was wondering what brand of UTV Buggy you all use?

I'm going to get one but can't decide if i want a used 2017 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE with 1,100 miles for 8,899 OR just buy a new Pioneer 500 or 700.

Nothing wrong with the used Yamaha Wolverine, save a bundle over a new Honda. The Wolverine is an awesome looking ride. I think the major difference is the Honda has a real geared  transmission, and the Wolverine has a CVT belt drive which works fine too.

Garikfox,

I grew up in Mesa and hardly recognize Queen Creek today, not to mention some of my favorite Dove & Quail Hunting spots.  Back in them days I owned a CJ5.  Small, but would get me back in the hills up washes that full size trucks had no chance.  I could parked it on many of my Dry Wash spots or a short haul of my equipment to my prospects.  Now, same goes for Side X Sides,  many of my Friends went wide, 4 seaters and such models.  I went with my old train of thought, as with the old Jeep of mine 50” wide Polaris 570.  Fits in the bed of my truck so no need to haul a trailer, truck gets me close and the RZR gets me on top of my Patches.  It’s a Mule and will get into spots my friends with the larger SxS have to walk in.  A couple trips back a Buddy radio’d me to inform me he blew a Drive Belt on his CanAm and needed a tool or two.  Arriving to his location and seeing what a pain to change the belt out made me glad Polaris made it simple access without removing a ton of stuff just to get to the housing of the Belt Drive.  Do more research and make sure what your choice is the rig you’ll be happy with for your needs or Family size.

Rick

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ive been looking at Japanese mini-trucks.  They fit what i need better since they have a 6 foot bed, and are still about the same dimensions as most utvs.  Just gotta buy one that is 4x4 with axle lock or dif lock and put offroad tires on it.  They also have a full enclosed cab and can be found with AC and heat, and can be made road legal in certain states.  

I just havent been able to justify any type of UTV since they all have tiny tiny beds, and cant get them road legal.  

Hello Garikfox,

I have a Polaris RZR 570 that is 50" wide and it will fit in the back of my pickup truck. I have a storage box in the back bed of the RZR for all our detecting equipment, rain gear, lunch, etc. It's great on trails and small enough to maneuver in tight places. No problems so far as to reliability.

1313148067_100_0261(2144x1608).thumb.jpg.f07bc1063552cee957b4c7afc952ef93.jpgreceived_1358447374357142.thumb.jpeg.6f7dead198690ac2a855765f15b5459b.jpeg

GOPR0294 (1853 x 1390).jpg

• Like 2

Garikfox - 

The min-trucks are actually pretty cheap you can find used ones with offroad tires already on them for around $4,000 to $6,000.  

22 minutes ago, garikfox said:

That's not bad i'll check it out for sure, thanks.

Awesome setup Glenn, That little storage box on the back is perfect!

I bought the storage box at Walmart and it was a Contico brand. I did put a spacer between the storage box and the bed of the RZR and the reason for that was the heat that is generated from the engine it can get a little bit warm back there.

My Polaris RZR 570 is a 2012 model and you might pickup a older model pretty reasonable.

Good Luck with your search for a SXS!