What's Your Utv Sxs Brand?

Thanks Glenn 🙂 

I'm still debating if i should go used or new. I'll probably go used.

Do you know how often Polaris needs the CVT belt replaced?

And lastly for your RZR what type of ramp system do you use to get it in the bed of your truck? 

42 minutes ago, garikfox said:

Thanks Glenn 🙂 

I'm still debating if i should go used or new. I'll probably go used.

Do you know how often Polaris needs the CVT belt replaced?

And lastly for your RZR what type of ramp system do you use to get it in the bed of your truck? 

I have never replaced my CVT belt on my RZR. I have around 1700 miles on it so far and 98% of those miles is very hard off road miles in rocky and steep terrain. I do carry a extra belt and tools to replace it if needed on the RZR. When you are on the trail out in the middle of no where, you need to equip extra parts like tow rope, spark plug, tools, flat tire repair and so on. I've never needed to use any of it, but it a peace of mind to have it. I perform yearly maintenance every year and inspect the CVT belt at that time. Also I have a electric winch mount on the front.

The ramp I use is similar to one pictured below. I taken it apart where it is hinged in the middle, so I am not restricted to the width when loading the RZR into the back of the pickup. I cannot have my tailgate on my pickup truck when loading or transporting the RZR as the RZR is a little longer than my 8ft bed, but the bottom portion of the rear tires on RZR are sitting on the pickup bed. The ramps are placed on the bumper and the RZR has no problem going from the ground into the bed of the pickup.

image.png.d0da25602dd2869d0cd8de4040e012d2.png

Here is a reason to have extra stuff as I had to tow a friend out because his SXS wouldn't start:received_2320003698085805.thumb.jpeg.d715e01e400c2a08f4bde6c1530ba2e6.jpeg

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

• Like 1

I have a Honda Pioneer 1000. It has been perfectly reliable and has had only a couple of insignificant recalls. I do drive it like a little old man (which I am) but only until I get it off the trailer. Then at times I tread a fine line between crazy and stupid (which I am).  It was a toss up between a Polaris Ranger and the Honda but I wanted to get away from the belt, problematic clutches and numerous major do not operate recalls. The Razors are lots of fun but I needed more carrying capacity for my mining gear ---and gold.

• Like 3

Thanks guys. You know what i never thought of that, what if it breaks down. That would be worse than breaking down in a car, oh dear. I'm going to go look at Western Honda on Thursday to see what i'm up against.

I have a 2014 Polaris Ranger 570 I use up at cabin....carries all my gear, has a dumpbed, good gas mileage....no mechanical issues. Very happy with it.

I don’t comment much because I have more to learn than to say, but can contribute here. As a career ranch manager, I have hundreds of thousands of miles on atvs. If you plan on trading your machine in every few years, then pick one that rides smoothly and is fun to drive. They will all be fine for that long with once or twice a week use. I’ve used atvs from Honda, Yamaha, Polaris, kowisaki, Kubota, John Deere. The only machine I’ve found to be of adequate quality is Honda. They don’t ride as nice, and they usually don’t have the power the others do, but they last forever. Currently we have rancher 420ES, foreman 500ES and pioneer 1000-5 models, and they range from 3500 miles to 16,000 miles. My neighbor has a foreman 500 with nearly 40,000 miles without a breakdown. We also have 4 Yamaha grizzlies, 3 Polaris rangers, 1 Polaris rzr, and 1 Polaris sportsman. We lost one engine in a Yamaha, and lots of small repairs. Can’t keep a Polaris on the trail for more than a couple hundred miles at a time between belts, clutches, oil leaks, axles, and a transmission/transfer case/rear diff combo for $3500. If I bought a new machine right now it would be a Honda for sure, and most likely a pioneer 1000-5

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Idanox said:

I don’t comment much because I have more to learn than to say, but can contribute here. As a career ranch manager, I have hundreds of thousands of miles on atvs. If you plan on trading your machine in every few years, then pick one that rides smoothly and is fun to drive. They will all be fine for that long with once or twice a week use. I’ve used atvs from Honda, Yamaha, Polaris, kowisaki, Kubota, John Deere. The only machine I’ve found to be of adequate quality is Honda. They don’t ride as nice, and they usually don’t have the power the others do, but they last forever. Currently we have rancher 420ES, foreman 500ES and pioneer 1000-5 models, and they range from 3500 miles to 16,000 miles. My neighbor has a foreman 500 with nearly 40,000 miles without a breakdown. We also have 4 Yamaha grizzlies, 3 Polaris rangers, 1 Polaris rzr, and 1 Polaris sportsman. We lost one engine in a Yamaha, and lots of small repairs. Can’t keep a Polaris on the trail for more than a couple hundred miles at a time between belts, clutches, oil leaks, axles, and a transmission/transfer case/rear diff combo for $3500. If I bought a new machine right now it would be a Honda for sure, and most likely a pioneer 1000-5

That is super helpful to know!  Thanks for sharing this knowledge and experiences!

• Like 1