Old Diggings At Rye Patch With The Gpz-7000

Some very nice gold,maybe a stupid question but what is that crystal thing that Steve mentioned for or was it found ??

• Like 1

Rye Patch area, will always hold nuggets for a successful detectorist.  Many tips to fill your poke, have been giving over the years.  But, it all boils down to putting the puzzle pieces together to be consistent in any Gold Field.  Each Mining District will vary and vary within itself as well.  Just like Rye Patch, one hill holds gold, but the next hill over is barren.  Believe me, I’ve swung on many of them Skunk Hills looking for the clues to the puzzle.  You can’t learn this great hobby over night, you’ll have to get your Boots on the ground.  Learn the clues to your Gold Fields and just as important is to learn your Metal Detector and it’s abilities for the type of nuggets in your chosen Gold Field.

Gerry, great to finally meet you and always good to see Lunk’s smiling Mug!

Until the next hunt,

Rick

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/29/2019 at 9:38 AM, RickUK said:

Some very nice gold,maybe a stupid question but what is that crystal thing that Steve mentioned for or was it found ??

Rye Patch is known for many large and at times quite spectacular quartz crystals found while wandering around. Gerry’s is a particularly fine specimen with excellent form and sharp features. Here is a lesser quality one I found, and a link to some more pictures.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/nevadanuggethunters/rye-patch-quartz-crystals-t592.html

http://www.billandlindaprospecting.com/peglegjohn2.html

quartz-crystal-found-steve-herschbach.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's one of the best crystals I've seen and you do always manage to find more than most out in one of the most evocative areas to hunt anywhere. Nice work.

• Like 1

Nice haul, amigo; always a pleasure chasing nuggets with you.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LuckyLundy said:

Gerry, great to finally meet you and always good to see Lunk’s smiling Mug!

Good fun b.s.ing out there with you guys, Lucky! Hope you got a poke full this trip.

• Thanks 1