Neil Jones Beach To Land :-(

I recently tried Neil Jones's beach to land program - exactly as he advises. I don't know if I'm the problem or something else, but I was sorely disappointed, especially since I've read so many positive comments about it. I was on an iron infested colonial site with lots of EMI via livestock fencing. I was using the 6" coil. I hit 2 tombac buttons in factory Park 1. Switching to the custom program, the best I could get was broken signal that I would not have normally dug. Suggestions? Thoughts?

Especially you Fred :cool:…joke (these are sensitive times)...

I agree entirely with Steve and Fred, why oh why would you take someone's settings that are being used on a different continent and expect the same outcome? (Unless you're from GB, but even then) 

Part of the Equinox's popularity is that it has a wide variety of settings that are sitting there just waiting for the user to learn their detector well enough to take advantage of them.

11 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

the differences between all of us as regards not only experience levels but true hard wired brain differences. 

Steve,

I fully understand what you are saying, as I have been learning my 800 for the past 4 months.

I don't get out as often as I would want to, either it is to dry or like now with all the rain we are having.

Sometimes I hear and see what is going on and other times I just get pull tabs.

Soon I will know what is going on and will be much better at what I am doing, but for now I am happy just to learn what I am doing.

15 hours ago, flakmagnet said:

Especially you Fred :cool:…joke (these are sensitive times)...

I agree entirely with Steve and Fred, why oh why would you take someone's settings that are being used on a different continent and expect the same outcome? (Unless you're from GB, but even then) 

Part of the Equinox's popularity is that it has a wide variety of settings that are sitting there just waiting for the user to learn their detector well enough to take advantage of them.

"why would you take someone's settings that are being used on a different continent" Because there are quite a few on this continent using it with success. I posted to see if there were folks here w/experience that could advise me on what I might be doing wrong. Isn't that part of the reason for the forum?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Relics&Bones said:

I posted to see if there were folks here w/experience that could advise me on what I might be doing wrong. Isn't that part of the reason for the forum?

Yes. That is the reason for the forum. You also asked for "thoughts" and those were my thoughts. Not meant to make you feel defensive and if I have, I apologize.

• Like 3