2nd Machine And Frequencies

Mada

Thanks Jim, Steve, Simon for all your suggestions. I probably should have mentioned I'm in Australia, would that change your suggestions re our ground conditions? I see the TDI SL is availabe at half the price of the Sdc 2300 here and the 24k is on par with the GM1000 price wise

4 minutes ago, Mada said:

Thanks Jim, Steve, Simon for all your suggestions. I probably should have mentioned I'm in Australia, would that change your suggestions re our ground conditions? I see the TDI SL is available at half the price of the Sdc 2300 here and the 24k is on par with the GM1000 price wise

You could ask this Aussie. I've learned to never put words in an Australians mouth! :laugh:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phrunt said:

How does the GB2 go in your part of Australia, have you found much gold with it? that would be a good indication.

When I lived in Brisbane/Australia my backyard's soil was red, drive 10km down the road to a friends house and he had dark brown lush soil.  His gardens looked a lot better than mine.  Australia has variable soil conditions, so I guess it depends what part of Australia you're hunting for gold as to how well the detector would balance to the soils.  I doubt all of Australia's gold fields are completely nasty soil.

Most of our hunting has been Central Victoria. No gold yet with the GB2 but managing to notice a slight difference in sound between the little iron stones and small lead shot 

Mada, scroll up 5 posts to the bottom of Steve's last post, and click on the link "You could ask this Aussie," which will take you to the topic started by Aureous. He offers his opinion on his detector choices.

Edit - here it is

5 hours ago, Jim McCulloch said:

Mada, scroll up 5 posts to the bottom of Steve's last post, and click on the link "You could ask this Aussie," which will take you to the topic started by Aureous. He offers his opinion on his detector choices.

Edit - here it is

Hi Jim

Yep, read that article last night, along with reviews and you tube. I'm probably over simplifying things but it seems that the GM1000 is ready to go out the box (with minor tweakings for conditions) but the 24k is a machine that will grow with you as you gain experience? I noticed on another post you mentioned the Orx, another machine I was investigating,  any pros or cons compared to the other 2 machines?

Cheers 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Jim McCulloch said:

Mada, I've never commented on the Orx. Detailed pm sent. HH Jim.

Oops....sorry Jim, didn't have my glasses on, it was a Jeff Mclendon on a similar recent post. Apologies Jim