Found A Virgin Patch

Yeah, SS I`ve evolved(so far???) to having my GPZ with either the threshold or sensitivity on instant adjustment, just up or down to suit conditions. Easy, quick and effective. Some times in the mood for a noisy threshold sometimes back to Bogenes, either gets the weight.

Way to go, there is more patches out there for sure.

• Like 1

Idk really why I chose those settings. I've been trying different setups every time I go back. The easy targets have mostly been picked by me.

It was a quite windy day. And working the fringes of the patch. Seemed to be more trash targets there.

The soil is fairly hot there. So I tried something different. It seemed to bang out the small dinkers. The smallest one in the picture I got at a foot. The biggest at 4 inches. What gives?

When I go back out detecting again, I'm going to run in normal and close to factory defaults. I'll have more noise, but it might bang out some deeper targets that I can smash into.

• Like 2

the gpz is a mysterious beast, the other day when I changed my setting around to something that seem, well... just wrong, out popped a little nugget. its strange because all these different combinations all seem to find gold at different times and in the same area. sort of like the different settings do more than just affect background threshold or affect it in a way that opens up new views into the ground?

• Like 1

Found the nuggets metal detecting this summer. They were found in a straight line, approximately 30 ft apart. And found in order from left to right. On separate occasions. Guessing how they interlock, that they were one nugget at one time. Then eroding out of the same piece of quartz. Pretty cool I think!

post-400-0-09316300-1444072088_thumb.jpg

post-400-0-25145900-1444072119_thumb.jpg

• Like 4