What Do You Recommend?

Hi guys, my name is Cristian, I'm from Argentina, my detector is a Garret AT Gold, I use it to search for gold nuggets in the Andes mountain range. I have very good results with very small, tiny nuggets, but I think I'm losing some depth, I compared it to the Garrett AT Max and apparently it has a little more depth but not so much sensitivity to small nuggets. I want to change the AT Gold for another detector that gains depth in larger gold (2gr, 5gr, 10gr etc).
Do you offer me minelab equinox 800, makro gold kruzer, goldmaster 24K, xp orx, which recommend me to have greater depth in large or acceptable nuggets and not lose much effectiveness in small nuggets?
I found the gold nugget in my hand with the AT MAX at 20-25cm, with the AT GOLD I had no signal
I leave some photos to see the gold that took out the AT gold. regards

p / d: sorry for my english, I used google: D

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-29 at 13.10.41.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-28 at 09.49.32.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Oh my! 2

9 minutes ago, Reg Wilson said:

¿¿¿¿Por qué????

There are many reasons, I need a device that is comfortable light because we detect about 4500 to 5000 meters above sea level, low electricity consumption and especially the price, here in Argentina we have exaggeratedly high customs taxes for example a minelab 5000 costs approximately $ 6000 6500 dollars

You may want to explore the QED from Australia. If you only order  the control boxes and furnish the rod, speaker and coil yourself  the purchase price and shipping is greatly reduced. The detector is very light and of course it is a PI. Also has a 5 year warranty. This would also cut the customs cost drastically.  Other wise the reports on the Equinox are good for a VLF on gold. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Smithobx said:

You may want to explore the QED from Australia. If you only order  the control boxes and furnish the rod, speaker and coil yourself  the purchase price and shipping is greatly reduced. The detector is very light and of course it is a PI. Also has a 5 year warranty. This would also cut the customs cost drastically.  Other wise the reports on the Equinox are good for a VLF on gold. 

very well I will take it into account ... I would like to know which is the VLF detector that has better depth and less loss in small nuggets, (makro gold kruzer, EQ 800, Xp orx, goldmaster 24k) always speaking on a moderate to high ground mineralization

Equinox 800 with the 6" and 11" coils, the Whites Goldmaster 24K, the ORX and maybe the Gold Kruzer are good choices and would be an upgrade of your AT Gold.

The ORX with an 11" X35 coil and the HF elliptical coil would be an extremely lightweight, adjustable and versatile detector that could run at some great gold frequencies from 14 kHz up to 81 kHz. The Gold modes are excellent. It does seem fragile but so far I have had no problems with mine and I detect with it at over 3000 meters in very steep, rocky terrain. The control box is not waterproof and the coil can only be submerged in shallow water since it will lose wireless connection in water deeper than 10cm. Otherwise it will handle mineralized soil and hot rocks very well. Fully wireless operation. Easy to charge internal batteries with external USB solar battery chargers

The Equinox 800 with the 6" and 11" coils equals the ORX easily but adds multifrequency operation, fully waterproof, more sturdy, and more adjustability of settings. The Equinox Gold modes are also excellent. It handles high mineralization and hot rocks very well. The ORX can operate at higher frequencies and out of the box is more portable and lighter. Graphite shaft upgrades can make the Equinox very portable too. It has wireless audio headphones and internal batteries which are easy to charge via USB connections like the ORX

Whites new Goldmaster 24K operates at one frequency with slight shifts. It may be the most powerful and sturdy but is also the most heavy. You would need to buy the coil combo. It handles mineralization well. It does not have wireless operation or internal rechargeable batteries. It requires lots of batteries (8AA Alkaline and/or rechargeable).

Gold Kruzer is an excellent choice for smaller gold at 64?kHz. I do not think it would be as deep as the Equinox, ORX, 24K or your AT Gold. It is fully waterproof, wireless and has internal USB rechargeable batteries. It is very sturdy but a bit heavy. It would be great for the .5 gram and smaller shallow gold and could detect deeper large gold. Get the extra elliptical DD coil GK24 9.5X5 DD coil.

I have used these detectors: ORX, Equinox and Gold Kruzer for gold prospecting and really like them. I have not used the Whites 24K for prospecting. I have tested one for a bit.

Jeff

• Like 4