Mixing Pulse And Fbs

Hello to all i had another go at the beaches this week end (for me😃)i woke up super early monday (4am) and hit the beach from 4.30 till 8 was able to run the machine hot with a SAT half way the rest on full steam managed only those fragments(see pictures) but so far i am happy with my swing arm and my home made bungee.

In the afternoon went to another beach with the CTX and managed to find a sweet spot in less than an hour but the Darkness and Madame waiting in the car made me abort the session i fully pumped ,so result 2 rings seemly old pink gold and silver i guess i also found a fishing weight 10 cm from the silver ring so was super hopeful for the next day

Next day i brought the G5c but the weather was terrible i was fully gear but the running water under the coil made detecting very difficult even with the SAT lowered..........tide was going to be low late and the "sweet spot " is surrounded by mudflats......and i was sinking fast with all my gear so .......i aborted after 1 hour with only a copper bit

Here are the pics enjoy!!

RR

thumbnail-31.jpeg

thumbnail-30.jpeg

thumbnail-24.jpeg

IMG_20191028_183751_290.jpg

thumbnail-16.jpeg

• Like 6

That looks like 18k rose gold, did you test it?

What material is that old ring on the bottom pic? I found similar ones out here and thought they are bronze.

Good finds

5 hours ago, kac said:

That looks like 18k rose gold, did you test it?

What material is that old ring on the bottom pic? I found similar ones out here and thought they are bronze.

Good finds

It may be 18k  no I have tested wife keep telling me to invest in a kit I shall oblige soon............:) the other is silver I cleaned it a bit and I can read silver inside .........funny thing is I got a gold ring found on the Thames with a similar partern and no one can date it...........some say Roman other said foreign(like India.............) if it is roman it could worth a lot more ..................

Any way now I need to wait till next Monday as I am back in London may do 1 or 2 session on the River

RR

I got a test kit, was pretty cheap $24 usd included platinum and silver along with 2 stones and a jewelers loupe that will make your eyes cross if used too long.... again was only $24 usd :)

Some the old old rings around here go back 1700's and even 1600's and look to be bronze. Probably commoners rings I guess but many don't seem to have marks on them and badly worn. Think I had posted a pic of a couple earlier this year.

925 silver and higher shouldn't tarnish, dug an old cross that looked like new that tested at 999 silver. Thought it was tin because it was fairly soft but was wrong on that.

That ring looks like rose gold, recently found a charm with diamond chips in it that had pretty close to the same color and it tested at 18k. If that was plated you would see bubbles and any scratches would reveal the base metal. Plated stuff is pretty easy to spot.

• Thanks 1