What's Best, Cruising Or Crawling? My Last Day Gold.

Gerry  

I don’t know why you post your gold with a also new dime being it’s a 42 and I pop my head out in 41.

Great looking gold !

Chuck 

• Haha 1

Gerry,

Great post and beautiful RP gold...you know that area better than most hunters. This year I crawled and gridded small areas using orange cones to mark off areas( Lunk's recommendation), overlapping by 1/2 or less and it works, if the gold is in the ground!:biggrin:

Like Mitchel, I may need some more training by the pros in those special RP areas.

Bill

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep, it’s hard to explain what a slow swing is!  I tell fellow detectorist swing as if your Shoe/Boot Laces are tied together!  No one gets the last nugget in a good patch, slow over lapping swings will always produce one or more on each visit.  Even with the same machine, same settings as your last visit  “Every day is different” is my saying!  This is another hint, when swinging on any old patch in Gold Country!

Rick

• Like 8

I hunt slowly. I concentrate on coil control and intuition. I crank the settings up but spend my time listening carefully. I always investigate signals that sound "different" or only sound off on one part of the swing. I usually find something.

When I find myself being sloppy in any of the above - I take a short break.

And then some days I just totally suck at everything and hope I get lucky...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

No right or wrong, it purely depends on the situation. Are you trying to find a new patch, or trying to extract gold from a known patch? Are you hunting a natural gold patch, or highly disturbed ground like tailing piles?

etc.....

Two points, first I would love to have found that amount of gold in a month. Second, good way to explain the difference between models of hunting. I slow only if I find two in an area. Otherwise it is patch hunting speed. I do need to try this 1/2 coil overlap. 

• Like 3