Should start cashing those bottles in and get yourself a nice hotrod to zip around in :)

• Like 1

Truly unbelievable finds!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

If I tried diving or water hunting in some the old canals up this way my equipment might dissolve.

I even get spooked in the clean water when I wade because of the snapping turtles. You got some serious guts!

Awesome stuff!

• Like 2

Can you describe the bottles: Dates, how and when made, contents?

• Like 2

• Like 2

1700 s  bottles and dish. Hand blown bottles...free blown.... dish is hand painted. It took some real craft to make these. It amazes me...

• Like 2

You bring a Pulse Dive with ya? Looks like a good pace to see if there are old coins too.

• Like 1

Excal ll  I didnt find any non ferrous to amount to anything...My buddy pulled this. British Trigger guard off a musket.

ZZZ WALT (2).JPG

ZZZ WALT (5).JPG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rick Kempf
      Here's a little somenthing my Danish friend Alan Farskov and a fellow detectorist recently dug up in their native Denmark.  
      When I was there a couple of years ago the best thing I found was an 1880's US Indian Head Penny - go figure.  Of course, I got to keep the penny.  The sword is "National Treasure and belongs to the Danish People - but I know Alan is both OK with that and proud of his contribution to his beautiful country's history.

• By Au4Gold2
      Thought I would hit it early this morning and go back to a spot I found a nice piece of gold and get me so more . But no luck  , four hours scanning tailing piles only produced this, what I think may be either a button or a part of a two piece belt buckle. Anyone have an ideas of what it is or was part of. Pretty sure its mid 1800's navy something.....pretty cool anchor and rope. 

• By Sourdough Scott
      My friend  (whom doesn't want to be identified ) found the hammer last year metal detecting.  He left it because it was no value to him.He heard recently they reopened the murder case. So he gave a call to the investigator.  Met with them on site and found it again for them.
      http://www.plumasnews.com/story/2016/03/30/news/more-evidence-uncovered-in-keddie-murders-case/988.html
    • By AU_Solitude
      How many ax or pick heads have you dug?
    • By bado1
      My buddy Steve and I made it out for a couple of days this weekend with the idea of locating a new patch in Central Arizona. Steve started on Friday afternoon. We both wore out some boot leather but were not rewarded with a new patch. That's not to say that we didn't find some cool stuff and a little (very little) gold though.
      Friday afternoon Steve found this cool old bottle...

Gentleman that Steve is, he graciously gave the bottle to my wife who loves things like this. We wondered over dinner and drinks what could the bottle have been used for? Then, Steve hit on it!.....

It's an old Soft Soap bottle!!
      And you thought that the Old Timers had it rough .

By Sunday we were discouraged with patch hunting so we decided to go hunt an area that had been hit hard by the Old Timers. Steve used his GPX-5000 with a 6" coil and I brought both the Nokta Fors CoRe and the SDC. At this place I opted for the Nokta with the little 5" coil. This area has been mined for 100+ years and has the trash to prove it. This is where the Nokta shines! Lots of trash and some relics...

Finally found some old, large caliber rim fire cases. Everyone but me seems to find these things...until now . Wanted one for a while.

56-56 Spencer cases. They are actually 52 caliber according to my research. 1860s to 1920s.

And the gold...

Very little for the effort we put in but we scored one each to keep the skunk away. Steve found the Merc dime a couple of weekends ago out in the gold fields. Proving once again...the GPX-5000 is a hell of a coin shooter . I may ask him to borrow it for my next park hunt!

And, of course, no hunt is complete without being surrounded by, and taking notice of, the beauty of Mother Nature...

The Stag Horn Cactus is a late bloomer and the Prickly Pear Cactus fruit is ripe for the picking. Prickly Pear jelly anyone?
      Happy hunting.

Dean