3d Printed Arm Cuff

TripleT

27 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

It would be kinda cool if the whole detector were that color.

Hmm...

😂

LOL!!!

Seriously though, VERY nice cuff, that your son made for you.  That's pretty cool.

Steve

blueshaft.jpg

• Like 1

Chase,

People seem to like adding color to their machines; I would have never thought...but I guess it makes sense, when you think about it.  It sort of "customizes" your machine, and sets it apart from others...sort of like a new set of rims on your car, or whatever.

That blue arm cuff is certainly eye-catching, and I really like how he printed the lettering on it.  

Perhaps your son is onto something there, TripleT?  Colored arm cuffs...

It's an interesting thought, that if a detector-maker caught on, and offered their control boxes in customizable colors, even if for a small "up-charge" over the standard black, they might stimulate interest amongst some customers...

Steve

• Like 3

Maybe we could also talk Jeff Herke into using anodized aluminum in his armrests, in colors other than  black!🌈🌈 lol

And i don't think spray paint on the coil is out of the question! Just don't us a metallic!!

Love that 3D cuff! Nicest one I've seen made!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, steveg said:

It's an interesting thought, that if a detector-maker caught on, and offered their control boxes in customizable colors, even if for a small "up-charge" over the standard black, they might stimulate interest amongst some customers...

That's been done in a way, with camo decorated models.  Fisher did it with the F19, for example.  And as you hypothesize, the camo models were more expensive ($50?) than the solid color version.  Unfortunately they started out with camo only.  When I bought my first 21st century detector (Gold Bug Pro) I strongly considered getting an F19, then only available in camo, but just couldn't handle the decoration.

It's a good point, GB_Amateur.  I forgot about the camo variations offered by Fisher, on some machines.  I even think they did a pink camo  on one of them, if I am not mistaken.

Yes, colors are NOT for everyone.  Some love them, while some -- like you -- were turned off by the idea (at least in terms of a camo pattern).

Steve

• Like 1

I bought an F19 in Camo. Didn't like the Camo at first but the detector offered what I wanted at the time. The Camo grew on me, and after awhile I actually started liking it. Only Camo thing I've ever had I think.

That's a really nice arm rest. Very cool that your son made that for you.👍

• Like 1