Equinox Coil Options

I have bad shoulders and find the 11” coil to be a bit cumbersome to swing.  While the 6” is nice and light, you can’t get much ground coverage per swing.

Anybody come out with a 10” solid Elliptical yet?

Thanks!

Walt

ps:  I know it only weighs something like 2.5 lbs. with the stock coil but you can sure tell the difference!

8 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Walt, all we have are the three Equinox coils so far, and no more are even being rumored.

😥

I lobbied for a solid elliptical early on to no result unfortunately. It seemed like a no-brainer to me since the housing already existed and it is a shame it’s never happened. ThIs coil feels great on the arm, and the solid design slides smoothly over stubble that hangs up the other coils. It would be great both for gold prospectors and U.K. style hunting of fields in stubble.

😥

minelab-equinox-with-6-x-10-dd-coil.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I lobbied for a solid elliptical early on to no result unfortunately. It seemed like a no-brainer to me since the housing already existed and it is a shame it’s never happened ThIs coil feels great on the arm, and the solid design slides smoothly over stubble that hangs up the other coils. It would be great both for gold prospectors and U.K. style hunting of fields in stubble.

minelab-equinox-with-6-x-10-dd-coil.jpg

So, how well does it work, Steve?

Thanks!

Walt

2 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

It doesn’t work Walt. If you follow the link to the original thread you will see it’s a Gold Monster coil. They are not compatible. Minelab has completely ignored my suggestion.

Got it!

Thanks,

Walt

Maybe someone can make solid coil covers for the Equinox coils! It won't replace elliptical coils,  but at least it won't catch on stuff!

Haha Steve, great minds think alike! I had just edited my post with almost the same idea, and had to go back and delete, after i paged down and saw you already did just that👌👌

• Like 1