Noise; 6" Coil Vs. 11"

1 hour ago, JohnnyRox said:

Wait...what?  

I'm guessing he is saying if you are getting constant chatter it's going to be hard to distinguish the actual targets from the random noise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

JohnnyRox

You owe nobody apology here . I’m bad about saying something and I know what I’m talking about but don’t make it clear.for others.

I do most of my posting here on my phone so sometimes I make it too short and not so sweet.

The Best To You!

Chuck 

• Like 1

I probably wasn’t very clear myself.  I’m not really speaking of ground noise or falsing, although it could be that.

We all know that rusty iron can still be seen by the detector, even with Iron Mask turned on.  The rust changes the conductivity of the metal; usually giving a variety of VDI readings.  While using the 6” coil, I hear more of these and other marginal targets that are on the edge of the discrimination points, than I do with the 11”.  In other words, the discrimination seems to work better on the bigger coil.  As a result, it runs quieter.  I know smaller coils are more sensitive than larger.  So, maybe it just the “Nature of the Beast” with these types of targets.

I was just wondering if everyone else was experiencing the same thing when switching to the 6”. 

BTW, what Sensitivity levels are some of you running on your 6”?  Do you find the need to turn it down like I do?

You 

2 hours ago, Bohemia Miner said:

We all know that rusty iron can still be seen by the detector, even with Iron Mask turned on.  The rust changes the conductivity of the metal; usually giving a variety of VDI readings.  While using the 6” coil, I hear more of these and other marginal targets that are on the edge of the discrimination points, than I do with the 11”.

That IS falsing.  You should try the new iron bias settings (F2) to see if that helps with your issue.