Hello From Northwest Pennsylvania, Presque Isle / Erie Area

Finkster

I am Getting back into metal detecting now that I am retired. I have an old 20 + year old Garrett, two coils, still works and recently picked up a new Nokta Kruzer Multi which I am getting used to. Beach (freshwater) and local fields/ parks etc will be primary areas of searching. I need to learn a lot with these newer style detectors so any help appreciated. Looking forward to participating in the forums and possibly meeting some fellow detectors in the area. Yes, winter is coming, which puts a damper on things but Ibhope to get to Texas and Florida and areas in between in the near future. Good hunting to all fellow detectors!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BeachHunter said:

Welcome to detectorprospector from Southern California. 

Glad to have you.Good luck!

Thank you and I am sure your weather coming up is better than ours. We Will be under snow and frozen ground soon which curtails our activity. Good hunting!

• Like 1

Some areas of Presque Isle have some heavy mineralization in the sand plus a lot of random iron rods , old pieces of the steel jetty’s etc. I just started back about 4 months ago after a 15+ year lay off traveling for business. Still waiting for a “big” find like everyone hopes for. Fun and great exercise walking the beaches. 

• Like 1

Hello and welcome, 

I started back detecting after about a 30 year break! I love it!  Good luck and welcome back!⛏💍💰

On 11/4/2019 at 2:23 AM, Finkster said:

...recently picked up a new Nokta Kruzer Multi which I am getting used to. Beach (freshwater) and local fields/ parks etc will be primary areas of searching. I need to learn a lot with these newer style detectors so any help appreciated.

You've come to the right place -- lot's of helpful info.  Also check out YouTube videos, particularly those that highlight the Kruzer.  Always (whether reading or watching) keep in mind that what others say and do might not be correct, or even if correct in their situation, might not be right for you and the site(s) you hunt.  Take all advice as suggestion, not absolute fact.

My advice to anyone with a new detector:  read the manual.  Go out for a hunt (even if just in the backyard) and then read it again.

I look forward to sharing with you ideas, photos of finds, etc.  Welcome aboard!

• Like 1

Hi Finkster, and welcome! I lived in Ashtabula, Ohio late 80s/early 90s and belonged to a bicycle touring club up there....lots of beautiful rides along the lake near your neck of the woods! Good luck detecting before those infamous “lake effect snows” hit!

I know Ashtabula well, fish out of there each year a couple trips with friends who keep their boat at the harbor. I hope Idaho is treating you well, beautiful country. 
we got our first snow the other day, too early!!  Anyway, hopefully I will get a chance to get out soon. Good Hunting, keep in touch if you get back in the Lake Erie area. 

31E2894A-CFED-46FC-8884-F5DE46CCE219.jpeg

• Like 1