Anyone Know Where To Get The Delta Connector?

kac

Is the Delta 4 pin connector proprietary or is it something someone sells somewheres? Looking into building a coil for my Tejon and if that goes well will use it on a Lobo mod.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

After talking to SwitchCraft it seems it was either a custom connector or now discontinued part. So guess making a coil that would work on my Tejon is out of the question. Will still pursue the project but probably hardwire a custom coil to one of the Lobo boards and make it water resistant.

17 hours ago, kac said:

After talking to SwitchCraft it seems it was either a custom connector or now discontinued part. So guess making a coil that would work on my Tejon is out of the question. Will still pursue the project but probably hardwire a custom coil to one of the Lobo boards and make it water resistant.

Check the part number from mouser I posted above.  It seems that one of those would do it but not 100%

I did, the pinouts are like the new ones and missing the flat opposite of the keyway. Tesoro could have had custom connectors made. Garrett has custom connectors of their own.

• Like 1

This may be too risky for your intentions, but (similar to X-coil on Minelab GPZ7000) you could cut a female connector off a cable and make an adapter with the other end being a more common connector.  Then add the mating part to all your modified and homemade coils.  Something like this:

control box 4 pin (Delta) male --> cable 4 pin (Delta) female --> common 5 pin male --> [common 5 pin female]. 

The coil with amputated cable end should have its 4-pin (Delta) female connector replaced with the common 5 pin female.  Your homemade coil then needs the same 5 pin female.

Another cleaner but slightly more radical solution is to replace the control box 4 pin (Delta) male with a common 5 pin male.  Then you don't need the 'middle man' adapter, but you do need to replace the cable end 4 pin (delta) females with common 5 pin females on all your coils.

• Like 1

I wanted to build a water proof Lobo and a custom coil that fits the detecting I do better than what is out there. So not having a standard Delta connector I can't put an existing known coil on the Lobo to tune it properly and can't build a custom coil and put in on a known Tejon to tune and test that properly. I can try to use jumpers to tune the coil and hopefully don't introduce any noise that would throw me off then hard wire it to the Lobo (which would make waterproofing simpler) but that would limit my coil options on the Lobo and not be able to use the coil on my Tejon.

Going to keep my eyes out for a junk broken Delta connector machine that I can scavenge the parts off of.

Seems to me like making a waterproof connector is the cusp (hardest part) of this project as you describe it.  That is, you want to attach a custom coil to the Tejon, and use that same connector for the Lobo.  The male connector on the Tejon isn't waterproof, right?  So how do you use that on the Lobo and simultaneously make it waterproof?

Also, are you thinking about making internal adjustments to the Tejon to be able to use the homemade coil with it??