Gold Setting For Equinox 600?

Cómo configurar el equinoccio 600 el más cercano al modo dorado del equinoccio 800, quiero hacer una prueba de profundidad con una pepita de oro de 14gr. ¿Cambiará la profundidad en relación con el equinoccio 800 en una pepita de 14 gramos?

Gold modes on the 800 can go deeper and hit smaller gold from my experience. However, the Equinox 600 or 800 in Park 2 or Field 2, multi frequency, set on 2 tones with only -9, -8, and  maybe -7 (depending on ground and hot rock conditions) rejected and the low tone/ high tone break set at 0, -1 or -2 (depending on if the gold in my area is really small) works great for me. For a 14 gram nugget both should detect it easily and really deep! Both my Equinox 600 and 800 in Park 2 or Field 2 will detect a US nickel coin (4.9 grams) at 26 to 28 cm with the stock 11" coil. So a 14 gram nugget!!!!!!!! should be an interesting test. Just remember if you do the test on both detectors in Park 2 or Field 2 to set the recovery speed on the 800 at 6 and the recovery speed on the 600 at 3 so that they are the same.

Jeff

• Like 1

Thanks Simon.  That is worth noting.  What year did he write that?

This 'ferrous id' first syndrome occurs with detectors other than Minelab too as Steve has noted.  When I am on the beach I dig mostly everything in all metal.  I have turned up my ferrous volume from 5 to 10.  I might bring it up higher because the ferrous first ids in all metal can turn into a deep, good target up to 30% of the time depending on the beach.

Mitchel

From my article referenced above  by phrunt are my suggested starting point for gold nugget hunting without using Gold Mode. This gets away from VCO audio for those that do not like it, adds tone capability, and very importantly low frequency options. There are places where these settings can be more effective than Gold Mode. You can also use Field 2 as long as the settings are the same - beware the preset notching of target id 1 and 2. Notching those two numbers will be fatal to your nugget detecting, which is why I suggest starting with Park 2. As far as I have been able to determine there is no difference between Park 2 and Field 2 other than the presets - performance appears to be identical with identical settings.

Both the Equinox 800 and Equinox 600 have identical performance when using the same mode and settings.

For Park Mode 2:

Frequency: Multi
Ground Balance: Auto (Ground pump method with manual tweaking)
Sensitivity: 16 – 25
Recovery Speed 800: 4 - 6 (default is 6)
Recovery Speed 600: 2 - 3 (default is 3)
Iron Bias: 0
Accept/Reject: Everything accepted, rely on tones (alternative reject -9, -8, and -7 if too much ground feedback)

The settings are a starting point to be adjusted as needed. More sensitivity obviously adds more sensitivity but can add instability. Lower recovery speeds will add sensitivity but also add to any coil knock issues being experienced. Increased iron bias may help in trashy areas and with some hot rocks but could filter out the weakest non-ferrous signals. Judicious notching can help with certain hot rocks. Ground tracking and/or lower frequencies can help deal with the worst ground. Every adjustment is a trade-off and comes with a cost - learn your detector! See the article for details.

The 6" coil is both more sensitive to the smallest targets and less bump sensitive.

• Like 4