Parker Finds Large Gold Nuggets In Australia!

mn90403

Its just ridiculous scripted b.s.

They were chasing me to be on their show but I scared them off by telling them what they would have to do to follow me safely in the 40+heat and how much they would have to spend.

I still wouldn't have been interested in sharing the screen with Parker unless they would PAY me properly. None of the people on these 'reality shows' get payed properly they just get tidbits and 15min of fame.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Nice to see you post Dale. You guys set the standard for in-the-field-gold-finds and spoiled thousands of us. Happy they didn't talk you into their "reality." 

14 hours ago, Gold Hound said:

Its just ridiculous scripted b.s.

They were chasing me to be on their show but I scared them off by telling them what they would have to do to follow me safely in the 40+heat and how much they would have to spend.

I still wouldn't have been interested in sharing the screen with Parker unless they would PAY me properly. None of the people on these 'reality shows' get payed properly they just get tidbits and 15min of fame.

Can't be any worse than that Aussie show.

They did a fair amount of filming on our station, didn't even have the courtesy of letting us know they were here. Left an absolute mess!

Got asked if I would be willing to come roaring in, in my Perentie with rifles on display and play the role of irrational irate pastoralist.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Considering that a cubic foot of gold weighs a ton, that Russian guy must be the strongest man on earth.

10 hours ago, madtuna said:

Can't be any worse than that Aussie show.

They did a fair amount of filming on our station, didn't even have the courtesy of letting us know they were here. Left an absolute mess!

Got asked if I would be willing to come roaring in, in my Perentie with rifles on display and play the role of irrational irate pastoralist.

😂😂😂 just the sort of scripted b.s. I was talking about.

And the mess... I bet they wouldn't of filmed you coming up and telling them to clean up their mess before they go?

The aussie gold diggers is just as bad they approached us every year to be on their show, but the pay is shizenhouzen and they would own your soul if you were stupid enough to sign up! Last offer was a pitiful $2000 a week... jezze I find 2oz a week easy why would I sell myself for less than I make anyway¿ And the production company makes millions. 

They seem to pray on peoples desire to be famous, but what people don't realize is how fame changes your life.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Gold Hound said:

Last offer was a pitiful $2000 a week...

That's better than the US production companies offer (usually zero), I get one contacting me every 3 or 4 months. The only network that wanted actual unscripted reality was Vice News (HBO), so props to them. The rest want a hot girl, hot headed partner, or "augmented finds", etc.

The producers want to take your ideas, your research, your labor and market it as their own, with no pay in return. They only pay when the series is bought by a network, meanwhile you get to pay to work for them and give them all your ideas and locations for free. Uh, no thanks.

TV Production companies have figured out they can just farm Youtube content creators and let others do their work for them and people give it all up in the name of getting their face across a dying media that fewer and fewer watch anymore anyhow. I barely know anyone who even owns a TV anymore, let alone gets cable.

Even Youtube is plagued with fakers now though, making it pretty pointless to make real prospecting videos anymore for any reason other than sharing with friends. The Russian electroplated slag guy, the Asian detector guys are the worst offenders. And now even some of the "reputable" US prospecting channels are faking finds - one right on my own old flogged patches none the less which makes it offensively hilarious when they film a greenhorn finding ounces of riverworn California/Alaska nuggets right on surface in Arizona deserts with $300 machines swinging 10" off the ground, on patches that have been gridded by GPZ's (and GPXs and SD's and VLFs) for decades with nothing left. 

• Like 5

We are definitely on the same page jasong!

Interesting about Vice... that is one of the few current affairs shows I can watch. I never got the fake propaganda vibe off them.

I haven't watched/had tv since 2003, when I made the decision to not watch their mind numbing corporate agenda machine anymore. I mean who cares what Brad and Angelina or the Kardashians are doing anyway😂, that and sports are what they push as news these days. Or all this fake smoke screen politics while the polly's and their corporate master's run around in the background pillaging and plundering.

Way better to actually live your life and way more peaceful in the bush finding gold.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was up in Nome a few years ago while the show Bering Sea Gold featured the 'father and son conflict' episodes.  We were early in the season and the dredgers weren't out yet for the new season so some of them were hanging around talking about the show(s).

Just like Dale has said there are only a couple of 'characters' who are paid.  If you are not on the paid list then you are helping them for free and also stopping your own production to let them get the right scenes.  Most of the dredgers in Nome were not interested.  They didn't have time for it as they had a short season.  The 'reality' portrayed was not real.

I still like seeing the gold on the gold shows and the fish on the tuna shows.  To me there isn't any better TV when I watch.

The gripes I have with the Tuna shows bring all of the problems of production into play for me.  I know it is scripted bs and post produced to the max to make a fake contest.  Who cares who 'wins' that stuff?  (The 'tune in' audience does and that is the formula.)  What really irks me is when I see a 'fish on' scene and it is obvious that they have spliced together different days and sea conditions and fake it as one landing of a fish.  It takes several hours and one year they gave 'fight times' but they don't do that anymore.  Some of the clips are calm seas, some are rough, some fog, some sun ... I've been on fishing boats often enough to get pissed off when my eyes are snapped around by these clips.

Those of you here who are real gold producers know how fake the gold shows are and I appreciate your insights.  I know those shows have contributed to the decimation of some of our patches.

Mitchel

• Like 1