Parker Finds Large Gold Nuggets In Australia!

mn90403

On 2/16/2020 at 2:32 AM, Gold Hound said:

😂😂😂 just the sort of scripted b.s. I was talking about.

And the mess... I bet they wouldn't of filmed you coming up and telling them to clean up their mess before they go?

The aussie gold diggers is just as bad they approached us every year to be on their show, but the pay is shizenhouzen and they would own your soul if you were stupid enough to sign up! Last offer was a pitiful $2000 a week... jezze I find 2oz a week easy why would I sell myself for less than I make anyway¿ And the production company makes millions. 

They seem to pray on peoples desire to be famous, but what people don't realize is how fame changes your life.

I've been approached by reality TV as well for them to follow me around while detecting. You and I came to the same sound conclusion. . . .

All the best,

Lanny

I was speaking to a couple who were in the aussie show and they were telling me how once when they were chiselling a small nugget from caprock, either the producer or camera operator got all excited and remarked how it was the first piece of gold he had actually seen dug up.

They also told me gold had been buried and dug up sometimes up to three or four times for different camera angles and drone footage.

Also mention of nuggets supplied from a dealer in Kalgoorlie and filmed being dug up.

• Like 2

Well thanks to all for your comments i didn't know it was that bad ........really bad.....sponsored by minicab maybe???

RR

• 2 weeks later...

For those of us on this site who have watched this show a few times (or more), most of those 15 points that Mitchel linked to aren't eye-opening, just the opposite.  Here's one that I found particularly humorous:

Most viewers would expect the miners on Gold Rush to be fairly experienced. After all, the show doesn’t exactly make out that they are amateurs. But the truth is that many of those taking part do not have that much experience mining and this is why they make so many mistakes.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I didn't see everything but I don't think Parker found any big nuggets.  He was 'shown' big nuggets in Victoria on the first episode.  Now they're off for places North or West.

He looked very uncomfortable around a metal detector.

• Like 2

On 11/6/2019 at 1:15 PM, SteelPhase said:

That's gold that was found on a lease in Corindhap. The first week they were in Vic and filmed in Creswick (only found a few tiny bits), Corindhap (on a lease) and then filmed some stuff in the Ballarat Gold Museum. They then went down some old mines with the Victorian Historical Mine Shaft Chasers group before heading up to Qld where they are filming now. 

Tyler from Aussie Gold Hunters has joined Parker as well as a new guy named Fred who you will see around Episode 13 of this seasons Gold Rush.

and here we are in Arizona looking for bits......

panoramio-14554236.jpg

Chemehuevis Arizona-117505732.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

Parker's Episode 2 was worth the watch last night.  No huge nuggets and a lot of hard work.  My first look at anything Queensland.

Tyler's Trial

In the legendary Palmer goldfields, Parker and his team encounter a lucrative family-run mining operation and discover dirt far richer than anything they've ever seen in the Yukon. But convincing the family to lease him virgin ground will come at a price.
  • Like 1

Not sure how these should be numbered (and Discovery Channel's numbering doesn't help...).  I think last night in USA they showed the 4th episode from Australia.  The quote you posted looks like it's from the 3rd episode.

Parker's been extra nice Down Under.  Mr. Hyde is just waiting inside to blast forth.  I'm thinking his full operation won't air until next year (Fall TV season in USA).  I've been entertained with this latest sub-series in Australia, seeing the varied scenery and learning the accents 😁, but once they get to mining and being nasty, I'll probably quit watching again.