Parker Finds Large Gold Nuggets In Australia!

mn90403

On 11/5/2019 at 4:05 PM, mn90403 said:

I watch the Tuna shows and some others and the bottom line for me is the size of the live tuna.  In what order they were caught and the splicing together of the good weather/bad weather segments to make one 'story' is very distracting.  I just want to see the fish that are caught.

If Parker is holding new nuggets that have not been previously shown or found before this series then I'm glad they did it and they are not fake nuggets.  If they are fake then kick all of them off and Discovery Channel with them.

"ALL" ...reality shows a set-up--- they could not afford to follow a detectorist around all day whilst filming---

Look at a lot of the nuggets that are clean when they come out of the ground---

but it can entertaining... just remember it is fiction....

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Not sure how these should be numbered (and Discovery Channel's numbering doesn't help...).  I think last night in USA they showed the 4th episode from Australia.  The quote you posted looks like it's from the 3rd episode.

Parker's been extra nice Down Under.  Mr. Hyde is just waiting inside to blast forth.  I'm thinking his full operation won't air until next year (Fall TV season in USA).  I've been entertained with this latest sub-series in Australia, seeing the varied scenery and learning the accents 😁, but once they get to mining and being nasty, I'll probably quit watching again.

You are right about 2 and the rest of the episodes.  I don't know which is which.  I've only seen two of them but here is the list of episodes.

https://www.discovery.com/shows/gold-rush-parkers-trail/episodes

I need to go back to ON DEMAND and see all of them.

Seeing the Palmer Goldfields in Jonathan's backyard was fun.

Seeing someone find a nugget and putting the detector away right after was BS....reminds me of the GPAA gold shows where gold was just laying around like candy at the store...

Mostly I love seeing the country...because

I Love Australia

fred

• Like 3

Just watched it was fun to watch there is GO PRO everywhere even on the chopper copilot chest when he comes out😅😅😅😅

It s relaxing and can't wait to go back :nugget::nugget:

RR

• Like 1

I can't watch past episodes or replay.

Where was the location of the first stop on the private claim?  Where was that place near the road in the pasture?  I drove by thousands and thousands of pastures where alluvial gold may have made its way. 

If the fields of Victoria have never been prospected or metal detected and only the forests and gullies were targeted there will be lots of gold still to be found.  Maybe the maps would prove me wrong.

What percentage of private land is virgin would you suspect?

The claim belongs to Ian Holland and is at Corindhap, south of Ballarat. It is on the 'Break o' day' lead, which at it's time of discovery was reputed to be the richest mile of alluvial gold in the world. 

There are two leads running from the north to the south in parallel, the other being the Frenchmans lead. Depths vary from surface to over 80 feet. Ten nuggets of over 100ozs were found in this gold field, the largest was found in very shallow ground and was reputed to be 375ozs.

In 1987 in company with another detector operator I unearthed an 11oz  lump in unproven ground between the two leads . This led to a surface run of very course gold, totaling 350ozs, the largest nugget being 98ozs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Oh my! 1

3 hours ago, Reg Wilson said:

In 1987 in company with another detector operator I unearthed an 11oz  lump in unproven ground between the two leads . This led to a surface run of very course gold, totaling 350ozs, the largest nugget being 98ozs.

These are the stories we love to hear Reg  👍

• Like 1

I think Fred meant this for here from the last episode ... also!

Old Halls Creek....I was close to there...

once again they dug a couple of nuggets and walked away....BS, again.

and every thing they touch breaks.... hard to believe,

fred

• Thanks 1