Joel

Need Help With Identification

I found this medal in a private 1800's yard and thought it was a military medal but could not locate anything that matched.  It appears to be copper with material that was apparently inlaid on the front. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_20191106_082145387.jpg

15730549069305600167299500299660.jpg

• Like 2

Interesting find, wish I could be of help identifying it.

Steve,

Thanks for looking.  I'm still researching.

Might be from a hat or bag? Looks like it had a cloth covering in the middle at one time.

Kac,

You're guess is as good as any at this time.  I was leaning towards military because of the two eagle heads st the top.  Also it measures 2.25" tall.

Thanks for your input.

Your probably right on military so if that is the case the cloth might have been a flag? Maybe it was a buckle cover that went to a satchel or bag.

I tried searching TinyEye and got...

0 results Searched over 38.5 billion images

Your image may be unique, and doesn't appear anywhere on the web. This happens with personal photographs, artwork, or other original images.

Steve,

That covers a lot of ground.  This may remain a mystery and will always be interesting.  Thanks again for your efforts.

I've looked at hundreds of US military medals and awards, Boy Scouts, and have been looking at German, Italian, and others! No luck yet!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By devilsrenegade
      I was considering putting my 4b on a dfx shaft, doesn't look like a big deal to me, but guy at whites said different. If l had it on the dfx shaft l would have the option of straight shaft or s shaft with pistol grip depending on which lower shafts l use.  Has anyone ever done this before or have any info that might help me before l tackle this ? Thanks to all who reply.

• By mann 2
      Hello, I'm new here!

• By GB_Amateur
      I was out hunting today, nearing the end of the session.  A young man (mid-20's?) approached and said 'hello' so I pulled off my headphones and returuned the greeting.  He stated that thanks to a high school teacher who was a detectorist he was interested in adding the hobby, and asked for some advice on getting started.  I inquired about his goals and what he was willing to invest.  His response was that he wasn't sure what kind of detecting he would do, but he had about $200 to get started.  The answer was easy -- get a Simplex.

• By bethanyb1201
      Hello all.... I recently had my Nox 800 and my V3I destroyed in a vehicle accident. My question is.... Do I wait till next year to buy a detector hoping new "suprise" tech will come out or Just buy a 3030 and call it a day??? Ty in advance
    • By Skookum
      I’m always trying to learn how to correctly identify evidences of the older workings.  These piles caught my attention because they look like old dry washing header piles, but there are no discernible tailings piles. The rock piles are quite flattened, perhaps this means they are old. But, the other mysterious finding is that there are relatively no large rocks found between the piles.  This is in contrast to the surrounding terrain, which is homogeneously strewn with rocks of variable size. This makes me wonder if the piles were formed by detectorists trying to get a more level surface. Then, again, I don’t see any recent evidence of recent diggings due to the flatness of the ground.  Is anybody with more experience willing to share their take on it?

• By devilsrenegade
      Seen this on E bay, could this be a china fake ?  said it came with wireless module and headphones and was under warranty until dec 2020.