All About Long Range Locators

• 3 years later...

Steve Herschbach Said,  

“There are some that say the LRL is just to get you in the general area, then you switch to a normal metal detector to make the actual find. I actually have a few of those devices myself - I call them books.” 

Spilled some coffee when I read that...  Well Stated! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Some years back I ran across a guy who said he had located something but he wasn’t sure what. The location was about a mile south of Rich Hill. 

Each day he would come and dig then I’d see him go home I guess. The last time I was there he had a deep hole going but he keep coming. After 4 or 5  days I didn’t see him anymore.

I come to the conclusion the nugget was so heavy getting it out of the hole that he pulled something and that put him in the hospital. He knew where I was camped at and the truth be known he realize he got the shaft for buying that trash.

Chuck 

• Like 5

• 3 months later...

Is there anyone who has had success with dowsing rods locating gold or silver and what would be the best metal to use to construct the rods or is there any rods on the market that have any value for locating gold and silver  ?

39 minutes ago, Sal.D said:

Is there anyone who has had success with dowsing rods locating gold or silver and what would be the best metal to use to construct the rods or is there any rods on the market that have any value for locating gold and silver  ?

To answer your three questions:

No, imaginary metal, and no.

Dowsing rods fall into the same silly category of psychics, astrology, flat earthers, etc.

• 4 weeks later...

I watched a detectormod video on LRLs today . It was a detector tech's opinion of them . He gave a nod to Detector/Prospector forums and that first line in Steve's opening  post on this thread. I am returning that nod.

• Like 2