• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      We just went through a few years on constant releases of new prospecting detectors. And now the flood has subsided, with almost nothing on the horizon.
      There is the “any moment now” Makro Gold Kruzer, running at 61 kHz and waterproof to 15 feet. After that however it gets pretty thin.
      First Texas has new detectors in the works, but nothing rumored that is aimed specifically at prospecting this year, but maybe later. Right now a PI beach detector appears to be up next. Garrett - maybe they are working on it but personally I have given up waiting on a lighter weight ATX. Tesoro - nothing going to happen there obviously.
      Minelab still “owes” us GPZ owners a smaller coil but with Equinox occupying all their efforts....?
      Nok/Mak outside of the Gold Kruzer has been working on a PI for years, but absolutely no hints on it getting any closer to market.
      XP I thought might bring a version of the low cost DPR 600 to first world markets but no sign of it happening.
      And White’s? Who knows. Maybe we will see a repackaged GMT but the shine has worn off of repackaged detectors these days.
      Long story short is it often takes new detectors to stir up activity on forums. For now at least the future is looking pretty quiet. The good news is we can just focus on using what we already have to best effect without being tempted or distracted by new shiny toys! 
    • By goldgeek
      I have been looking for a website like this for sometime now.
      I am quite new to prospecting and have so many questions for you guys.
      I have 4 questions today
      a- Are there metal detectors that are made specifically to prospect gold only?
      b- which is the best if they exist?
      c- Can they locate gold at a very deep depth?
      d- Can they be used on land and in water?

Look forward to receiving your replies. 
      Thanks
    • By Fortunato
      Hi,
      I''m somewhat experienced and have owned metal detectors on and off for 20 years, mostly Whites.  I am done with relics and coins (except gold).  I want to strictly prospect mines, stream beds, tailing's, etc. for gold.  I do not care about #19 lead shot size nuggets.  I want larger.  I live in California and will detect in CA and western states.
      My wife is new and I will be purchasing her a Fisher Gold Bug Pro for, general searching as well as beach etc.  I have the dilemma of weather to purchase the...
      Whites MXT All Pro
      Whites TDI-SL or
      Fisher Gold Bug ll
      I'm leaning towards TDI-Sl for gold and prospecting.

Any comments or help and guideline on the subject?
      Thanks, Doug
    • By Nevada1616
      I will start by saying i am a recent nevada transplant from oregon. I owned a whites mxt pro but never used it much for nugget hunting. I would like to take advantage of some of what the high dessert of nevada offers and try my hand. That being said I thought I knew which detector I would be buying until I started reading all the information I have found online, including Steve's reviews. I was going to get a whites tdi sl. Now I'm thinking maybe a GMT or waiting for the new fisher czt. Someone please give their best sales pitch and help me out. I don't have the funds to spend more than this so the minelab units are out of my price range. Keep in mind I am new to this so if I sound like I don't know what I'm talking about it is because that is true.
    • By Fletch
      Tesoro Sand Shark or Gartett Sea Hunter Mark 2. Please help ;!!
    • By auminesweeper
      G'day Everyone, As Opposed to asking which is the Best VLF and Starting A Brand War, I think the Most important Questions Are What VLF /S do you have and What are the most important Features To You about Your VLF,

With Me Being an Aussie YEP you guess it I was Minelab NUTS But after Many years looking at Finds on the forums and wondering if I was ever going to find something Like I saw in The Magazines and forums, Anyway I went showing off my Sovereign GT with all the coils I had round A Mates House and he got out a Detector I had never seen Before and within seconds I was deflated And then we went detecting and I realized that Living in an Area with over 5000 years of metal workings I needed A Machine with A Fast Recovery .And Not Only that It Had to be Hyper Sensitive and After Spending Time reading reviews by Certain Young Alaskan Gentleman and dreaming about the Stories he told I ended up with My First MXT 300 and I Struck GOLD, ( 16.4 grams of 18ct ) On my Second Trip Out in The First week, So Back to the AMD forum and I found out about the GMT Goldmaster, So Out with My Bank Card Again and the Next Day I had A shite and Briney ( Bright and Shiny ) GMT should I say, and the first thing I noticed was the Ground GRAB and the Manual GB Ooooo    So Then I was Back On the Phone Ordering the New MXT Pro, It has the Grab button Tooooo , This Grab Button Is worth its weight in Gold because I Never use my Machine without Covers on them and having the Grab saves me having to open the Cover to switch to Auto Track and then back to Manual and the Hand Made Custom Covers Keep my machines Looking Like New, I love the Fact these machines can be Turned On and I am detecting In Seconds and they will work Anywhere In the World, I sometime detect up to 60 hours a week and more some times and the Coil Choice means I can fine tune the machine to suit the Venue, The Manual says You should get about 40 hours from A Set Of Batteries But I have found that I have got over 57 hours out of them and they still were not flat, I would Like to Try some Energizer Lithium Batteries because they run Higher Voltage and with some equipment can last up to 10 times longer and Have many other Merrits,

For those of you who Are world Travellers If you are going to the UK or Europe Make sure you bring a machine with A fast Recovery speed and if you do have Machines Like the V3i or the Deus they will Be Perfect Also, Tesoro's Are Lethal On English Hammered Coins Too,

Anyway Thanks for Listening, ( yeah I Know) Reading.

John