Coin To Coin: Gofind 44 Easily Beats Gold Bug Pro

other great finds with the FAKE GBP.. some old spoons near an old house-slab made out of cement and beer bottles.. 

Old spoons.jpg

Old spoons with beer bottle house-slab.jpg

Phrunt, no worries about being the bearer of bad tidings.. at least now i can pull the bad tradesman's trick and blame my tool! the fake GBP is turning out a great detector to learn on, imagine how hot i'll be on the real thing in a few years time! guess it's a matter of tuning into your detector's nuances and squeaks no matter how lousy it is and gaining that hard earned experience.. Also don't worry about this experience putting me off.. the bug has bitten.. am also starting to warm up to your ideas about waterproof detectors like the Equinox 800.. especially the notion of multi-frequencies (the bloke who invented that deserves a medal).. its just the cost of the bloody thing is a bit prohibitive at the moment.. but then again it would be an upgrade to my meagre arsenal.. would the 600 be as good? am also thinking about my son in Cairns.. he lives on his yacht up there and is also keen to learn on his local beaches (i imagine they would be even more lucrative that those on the island).. he might inherit the GoFind (if i don't fall in love with it too much, as i have with the cloned GBP).. cheers, Erik

• 2 weeks later...

This morning's haul at 'XBase' beach on Magnetic Island. The good news is Matey hasn't been there yet! No sign of unfilled holes (he's a bit wild like that).. besides a load of lead sinkers, bottle tops and fish hooks, i found $31.70 worth of coins.. I think i might be getting a better feel for the Chinese Gold Bug Pro.. as long as it keeps going like this, i'll make back what bargain price i paid for it..

20191118_110235.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2019 at 4:54 AM, phrunt said:

Yes, the 600 would serve you well

Phrunt, i've taken your invaluable advice and bought myself a Equinox 600 for xmas.. i got it off ebay for $650 together with a set of 4 gold pans and sieves.. i know this probably sends shivers down your spine but i don't think its a fake.. the seller is a bloke called Stuart from Sydney.. He says: Good condition Minelab Equinox 600 used twice and gold panning kit unused, both will come boxed, don't have the time to use them, feel free to make offers  

s-l500.jpg

• Like 5

On 11/8/2019 at 4:05 AM, phrunt said:

that inlet is like a nice warm swimming pool, I spent an entire day floating around in there over near the rocks

Phrunt, i didn't want to mention it before but that bay is my home bay (Alma Bay in Arcadia).. i live on the headland you took the picture from..   

Can't believe my luck.. he's also thrown in a set of gold pans and sieves.. didn't know Minelab made them too.. 

81A44498-94E4-40C8-A27F-F38C32446849.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 10:10 PM, Erik Oostra said:

Can't believe my luck.. he's also thrown in a set of gold pans and sieves.. didn't know Minelab made them too.. 

81A44498-94E4-40C8-A27F-F38C32446849.jpeg

Check out that professional model on the box cover!  He's not so easy to recognize without the hat and 3 day old beard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Check out that professional model on the box cover!  He's not so easy to recognize without the hat and 3 day old beard.

Have not bumped into you yet around town, but at least now i have a clue. 😄  

Merry Christmas Steve and everyone on this forum!

ht 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alma Bay this morning.. although its not the world's most crowded beach, I can't wait for the Equinox 600 to arrive to have a looksee in the sea.. the Chinese GBP has pretty much cleaned up the dry sandy part of the beach (although the whole beach is submerged at high tide).. this is also one of the only main beaches on the island which has not (yet) had its sand replaced after recent storm surges.. 

20191229_123614.jpg

• Like 1