Where Will The Holes Be In The Fisher Impulse System?

Here’s a little something LE.JAG posted on another forum recently - along the same lines...

a scoop for the forum 
the latest changes now allow 
detect a 24 carat ring 
weighing less than 5 gr (no ring 24k heavier to test ...) 

under a big nail / or several small nails 
if you have a ring 24k try with your detectors 

it's impossible / even tdi (modif Reg Sniff) can not do it (22K is its limit ) 

it will be a very specific setting 
that I would explain in video 

this extraordinary feat? 
detect the 24k under the iron 
gives you an idea of the level of separation, gold / iron”

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Rick Kempf said:

Here’s a little something LE.JAG posted on another forum recently - along the same lines...

a scoop for the forum 
the latest changes now allow 
detect a 24 carat ring 
weighing less than 5 gr (no ring 24k heavier to test ...) 

under a big nail / or several small nails 
if you have a ring 24k try with your detectors 

it's impossible / even tdi (modif Reg Sniff) can not do it (22K is its limit ) 

it will be a very specific setting 
that I would explain in video 

this extraordinary feat? 
detect the 24k under the iron 
gives you an idea of the level of separation, gold / iron”

I think we are all eager to see this machine come out. My hope is someone buys it and hates it and will sell it to me for a discount price 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If I ever get the AQ then I will “let it off it’s leash”........no discrimination or any setting that will adversely affect performance or run the slightest risk of missing any gold and that includes 24K............why...... because I regularly see large men wearing big gold nugget pendants around their neck and boy or boy that clasp looks flimsy 👍 Many Australian nuggets run over 22K in purity.
Fortunately, my local beaches don’t have too much pure iron junk targets so I don’t need to worry about chasing millions of these ........bottle caps and booby pins are an acceptable problem.

Tony

PS........AQ has to detect my own 18K wedding ring deeper than 18”.......this is the current benchmark with my TDIBH 🏖

• Like 5

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 6:32 PM, Tony said:

If I ever get the AQ then I will “let it off it’s leash”........no discrimination or any setting that will adversely affect performance or run the slightest risk of missing any gold and that includes 24K............why...... because I regularly see large men wearing big gold nugget pendants around their neck and boy or boy that clasp looks flimsy 👍 Many Australian nuggets run over 22K in purity.
Fortunately, my local beaches don’t have too much pure iron junk targets so I don’t need to worry about chasing millions of these ........bottle caps and booby pins are an acceptable problem.

Tony

PS........AQ has to detect my own 18K wedding ring deeper than 18”.......this is the current benchmark with my TDIBH 🏖

"PS........AQ has to detect my own 18K wedding ring deeper than 18”.......this is the current benchmark with my TDIBH 🏖"

18"!

Are you talking dry or wet sand?

I really need to experiment with the ground balance on my TDI, now that it's cold. 

I use mine for ring hunting (the best gold rings ever found was with my TDI) mostly with an occasional relic site as a hunt.  Then, a once a year beach trip.  Well anyway, since I hunt the old school sites where coal waste has been spread over the entire area I might need to check a few of the rings I've found to see where the GB crosses over from a high tone (low conductor) to low tone (high conductor).   All this is because as you increase the delay, the GB point moves counter clock wise.  If a small gold ring happens to be in the area, where the GB changes, it will fall unto the preverbal HOLE of no response.  The delay is how I adjust the machine to ignore more of the coal waste (that attracts to a magnet). Much to re-think...................

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 11/14/2019 at 9:48 PM, Mark Gillespie said:

I really need to experiment with the ground balance on my TDI, now that it's cold. 

I use mine for ring hunting (the best gold rings ever found was with my TDI) mostly with an occasional relic site as a hunt.  Then, a once a year beach trip.  Well anyway, since I hunt the old school sites where coal waste has been spread over the entire area I might need to check a few of the rings I've found to see where the GB crosses over from a high tone (low conductor) to low tone (high conductor).   All this is because as you increase the delay, the GB point moves counter clock wise.  If a small gold ring happens to be in the area, where the GB changes, it will fall unto the preverbal HOLE of no response.  The delay is how I adjust the machine to ignore more of the coal waste (that attracts to a magnet). Much to re-think...................

This is actually what I'll do tomorrow cause with my TDIbH I never dig low tones from coins.

Unluckily even with really not mineralized beaches around me, the only way to keep it quiet underwater (salt) is to raise the delay up to 15/17uS.

Full gain and ground barely on with this setting, but I know that I've done a mess.

Now I wanna try a thin 18k ring  found with it, but with less uS, I hope 10, no more than 7 sens. And a bit more GB to cut little zinc money under that ring.

Fascinating post.

Thanks

• Like 2

On 11/12/2019 at 9:50 PM, Mark Gillespie said:

"PS........AQ has to detect my own 18K wedding ring deeper than 18”.......this is the current benchmark with my TDIBH 🏖"

18"!

Are you talking dry or wet sand?

That particular test was somewhere in between the wet and dry......I used to hunt parallel to the water but with the TDIBH, I have had to change to hunting perpendicular to the water (so I am either facing the water or have my back to it). I only hunted parallel to the water to maximise coverage of the towel lines but with max power settings then a bit of salt signal will be heard when the swing is at its closest to the water. When hunting the “correct” way then no salt signal on the hard pan.👍
Tony

Will a lot of this be solved using digital over this analogue unit?   Alexandre made it sound like he'd like to move quickly to a digital unit.  How quickly and should we wait?   The NOTCHING of the gold range id assume would be more easily done digitally..... because its merely shutting off the tones to the headphones .   Like most i wonder on large high K gold that is deep...... what if i get it in AM then because of depth the disc sees it as out of the gold range..... ouch?   With the larger 12.5" coil we arent going to be able to get those needed inches by putting the coil in the hole where the disc might pick it up.   Im more concerned about those than the little gold.  i also wonder if 7uS will even come into play with that notched window.    How does having such a low uS play out if your targets range is 9uS.... just by its sensitivity?   Whoooo Weeee on it just being another deep PI with no disc.   The TDI is just a deep PI ..... ive not seen any of them being used here in Fl..... but many have gone to the Nox.   The only people i see with PIs here are those not living here.   But we also have to say...... THERES NO FREE LUNCH.   So most realize you dont get it all and we are already missing small gold.... and really deep gold.   Whats changed..... we may get more of the deeper gold.   Theres the advantage i guess.... that rather large gold disc target range  that was lacking before to id those non-ferr targets.   From what ive seen thus far everything changes out there in the SALT water...... depth and sensitivity becomes very equal for the most part with our current machines.   I believe Steves mentioned it before we've had the ability to disc with a PI thou maybe not as easily as this machine........ yet im still not seeing PIs used.   So that statement alone says most want an easy day out there recent drop hunting it seems.

15 minutes ago, dewcon4414 said:

So that statement alone says most want an easy day out there recent drop hunting it seems.

There is a difference between Beach Detecting(relaxed, pleasurable) versus Beach Mining(you carry a worn out D-handle shovel).  I think Steve likely has a collection of worn out D-handle shovels. 😁

• Haha 1

You maybe right.   Beaches differ for sure and can dictate which is the best method.   We often find ourselves doing what ever it takes thou.   Its a PI......and a deep one.... will it have enough disc to attract more to use it?   Time will tell.   I personally look forward to the next version if its digital...... thats going to be the interesting one IMO.