Vanquish Went Quiet Fast

9 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

I know that stating the Simplex is on par with an F75 is perhaps a bit of a stretch, but only a bit and for 95% of situations, I suspect the Simplex can hold its own against an F75 user using similar coils.  Don't sell the Simplex short.  Phrunt somewhat debunked the first statement regarding the bells and whistles and the Simplex modes are not just "tone" options, they are signal processing mode options that go beyound the comparatively less sophisticated process modes on the F75 including the ability to go potentially deep AND fast.  My F75 was lapped easily by the Equinox 600 and has not really seen the light of day since the 800 arrived at my door.  I now have the opportunity to do so some A to B comparisons and if Nokta provides the adfitional accessory coils, as promised, I will lose the last remaining legitimate reason I keep my F75 around.

Actually the Simplex will likely have some detecting advantages over the aging F75 platform.  In my experience the F75 is a poor performer in mild + mineralization, and then there's the blindness in decomposing iron issue (confirmed by its designer Dave Johnson and Tom Dankowski). 

The Racers/Impact/Multi Kruzer handles mineralization far better, and doesn't exhibit the decomposing iron blindness, so while it may not have all the bells and whistles of the F75 platform, it can likely out hunt it in a number of scenarios, assuming its DNA lineage borrows from its predecessors.

• Like 1

To put things in perspective, there is literally no talk regarding the Vanquish on our forum here in OZ, only disappointment on how it has been packaged in what looks to be a pretty cheap housing - supposedly to mimic the styling of the Ace series of detectors to draw customers away from the US product.  Yes I know the Vanquish range is directed at the budget end of the spectrum, though with regards to build quality, Notka/Makro have really set the bar high on what you should expect for your hard earnt dollars.  

Question is whether Multi-IQ will be enough to win over the budget market, or has Minelab underestimated on how well the Simplex+ would be received for a single frequency detector, both by those new to the hobby, and more interestingly by the more experienced detectorists who already own/have owned more advanced detectors.  Aside from performance, you cannot deny how much of an effect the perceived build quality has on making a choice on a detector, and the Simplex to date has received plenty of glowing reports in that respect.

Another point to consider is lack of a facility to provide software updates on the Vanquish, hopefully things are well sorted prior to release to resolve any niggling bugs (thinking MX Sport debacle). 

Whilst I may sound overly critical for a detector that has yet to be released, first impressions can possibly make or break a detector.  First time I saw the Vanquish I didn't mind the shaft design, though the control box was a definite meh, not something I'm not  used to saying about what are usually well designed and innovative products from Minelab.  I can only hope that Minelab's gamble to lure prospective Ace owners away from Garrett pays off, or will it simply alienate some, I guess we will soon see.

Hopefully the performance side of things will impress enough to make the build/looks fade into the background, might not even enter the mind as being an issue for those new to the detector/hobby. 

One thing for sure is how budget and even mid range detector pricing is going to change over the next year or two in response to these new releases, and on how some manufacturers intend to remain competitive with their current lineups.  

• Like 4

I have decided the Vanquish is not for me . Its a cheap watered down Nox 600 and wont be enough for me. The Simplex is the same , it works well but it is cheap for a reason . Bloody good one though.

I'm going to wait for something else from Minelab . But i still want to get my hands on these cheapie machines to have a look . If i had spare money i would buy all the machines and my house would like a Detector armory . 

But i have to have discipline .

When it comes to marketing never underestimate the power of a name. The Minelab name alone will sell the Vanquish versus a company that truthfully few outside the forums have ever heard of. I’m a big Nokta/Makro fan, one of the first, but they have a long way to go to match the power of the Minelab dealer network.

When the company combined they should have just dropped Nokta and gone with Makro. Would have put them just ahead of Minelab in alphabetical lists instead of just after. Simple decisions like that matter, and Nokta/Makro is clumsy no matter how you say it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I’m a big Nokta/Makro fan, one of the first, but they have a long way to go to match the power of the Minelab dealer network.

Especially when  the Vanquish will be on the shelves in Cabelas, Bass Pro, and other “outdoor” shops along side of Garrett and various FirstTexas products.  The vast majority of beginner machines seem to be sold in these settings rather than a “metal detector” shop.  The internet and Amazon are probably changing some of those figures but when you account for the various $100 models available from FirstTexas in the big box stores it’s definitely an uphill battle for NokMak to get a big market share.  

Vanquish showed up at Nugget Shooters outing this past weekend. Debbie from Minelab was there with ton's of giveaways & tons of knowledge. She also brought 3 of the new Vanquishes..... Was my 1st outing and I can say it won't be my last, had a great time, met a lot of folks, learned a lot more of something I enjoy Detecting !!!!!! Thanks Bill & gang & a big thank you to Minelab for sending Debbie she must have answered a million question's. Nice Job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

20191116_163856.jpg

20191116_165657.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Swegin said:

Is that a not so subtle hint for what you want for Christmas?:laugh:

I wouldn't have thought so . I think Steve would be more interested in similar coils that the Vanq 540 pro will have but for the Nox ? Thats what i think . Me too!

I think what he said on another thread about Minelab and coils is true.