Vanquish Went Quiet Fast

I think Minelab may have pulled the extra early intro trick one time too often. The machine is not supposed to actually be available until sometime next year. In the meantime the Nokta/Makro Simplex+ is actually shipping, stealing the thunder. The gap between announcement and actual shipping dates on Vanquish is so large that people will have almost forgotten about it by the time it's available, or at least it will just be old news. It seems to me Minelab is squandering a certain amount of excitement that results in people making quick impulse buy type decisions. Given too much time people calm down and find reasons not to buy.

I can't say I am a big fan of machines being announcement way before they are available. Hopefully the trend reverses. It may be Vanquish proves to be the time it went to far and we we go back to manufacturers keeping a better lid on things until we can actually buy them.

Minelab Vanquish 340 Data & Specifications

Minelab Vanquish 440 Data & Specifications

Minelab Vanquish 540 Data & Specifications

minelab-vanquish-540-metal-detector-studio-photo.jpg
Minelab Vanquish 540 metal detector

• Like 3

Steve,

A very valid point.  Funny how we have two opposing scenarios here with anticipated new machines: The Vanquish, which has been teased to the max, and the Fisher Manta/Impulse AQ that has gone ridiculously dark after some now ancient teasing.  How about just actually making a new product and then having it available to purchase?  Guess that's just old school thinking, eh?

• Like 2

Minelab is probably going to make them waterproof now that the Simplex is out.

Why would any Equinox owners buy a  Vanquish? Yes they have smaller coils that we want for the Equinox but still would an Equinox owner buy a Vanquish.

Guess I can't say that because I have an Equinox and have a Simplex coming on Monday lol. I guess Equinox owners will be buying the Vanquish. Hope they make it waterproof. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Minelab is probably going to make them waterproof now that the Simplex is out.

Why would any Equinox owners buy a  Vanquish? Yes they have smaller coils that we want for the Equinox but still would an Equinox owner buy a Vanquish.

Guess I can't say that because I have an Equinox and have a Simplex coming on Monday lol. I guess Equinox owners will be buying the Vanquish. Hope they make it waterproof. 

1. Cost

2. Color

3. Ergonomics

4. Uses AA batteries

5. Less complex

6. Size/collapsability

7. Coils

8. Desire for Multi-IQ without having to buy the Equinox

I personally would love the form factor of the Vanquish with the ability/performance of the Equinox.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, phrunt said:

It's a bad tactic, not only does it annoy potential customers it also allows the competition to know what's coming, and give them some time to get their act together on a competing detector.  It seems Vanquish will be at OZ/NZ dealers in December.  They must be sending the US ones over on a paddle steamer as they're taking a few months longer.  It's a race who will be first in Australia between the Simplex and Vanquish as both look like they'll hit at the same time.

I agree and I can't stand the strategy of announcing something well before it's actually available. But Minelab isn't stupid and they've done some number crunching and concluded (correctly or not) that this current strategy is better than the alternative. Well, at least I hope they're not stupid. After all, they did design their Pro-Finds to use 9V batteries...

Wanquish ... I would personally put the display backlight into the basic model 340 .., that would attract a lot of potential users ...,

Waterproof detectors in this category do not expect, some water resistance but Yes .. But But the marketing of Minelab- on this multifrequency model the detector / Vanquish / in category from 238 euro to /V340../ to 438 euro..on / V540 /... I consider very good .....

5 hours ago, EL NINO77 said:

Wanquish ... I would personally put the display backlight into the basic model 340 .., that would attract a lot of potential users ...,

Waterproof detectors in this category do not expect, some water resistance but Yes .. But But the markteting Minelab- on this multifrequency model the detector / Vanquish / in category from 238 euro to /V340../ to 438 euro..on / V540 /... I consider very good .....

Never underestimate the power of marketing. Diamonds are a great example. Oh, and so are the Garrett AT series of metal detectors. They're such old detectors, and while quite capable, seem to be square in the prospective metal detector's eye when considering a new machine. It's almost as if they came out when the Equinox or Simplex did.

Gotta give Garrett credit...

On 11/7/2019 at 5:56 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

The gap between announcement and actual shipping dates on Vanquish is so large that people will have almost forgotten about it by the time it's available, or at least it will just be old news

Given Minelabs track record for delays, the Nokta Makro Simultaneous Frequency detector may be out before the Vanquish :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

On 11/12/2019 at 12:44 AM, Cal_Cobra said:

Given Minelabs track record for delays, the Nokta Makro Simultaneous Frequency detector may be out before the Vanquish :rolleyes:

I know your statement is tongue-in-cheek and a humorous jab grounded in some level of truth, but ML does not corner the market on delayed releases.  The first (and last) detector I ever pre-paid/pre-ordered was the Nokta Impact.  Ended up prying my $$ back from the dealer and cancelling my order when the promised March release languished into May.  XP subsequent Deus promised (through official XP marketing material announcements) upgrade releases lingered for months and in one case for more than a year.  A lot of hoopla months before the lukewarm Garrett AT series upgrade, the AT Max, finally came to market.  The Whites MX Sport release debacle is painfully fresh in my mind.  And how long have we been talking about the "imminent" release of the latest FT PI offering?  Not defending ML, my only point being that all the leading manufacturers suffer from this issue and also have a track record for delays and those of us who anxiously await the next best thing in detectors are an impatient lot, which seems to make the wait that much worse.  That being said, I am definitely not waiting for the the Vanquish to show up and other than the coil selection as an Equinox owner am not all that interested, but am really looking forward to getting my hands on the new Simplex (here soon, yes it was not an "Impact" situation, thankfully).  My first Nokta machine that appears to be a great value-based compliment to my Deus/Equinox arsenal.  Would like to bounce its performance off my venerable F75 and whites MXT, my only two remaining fixed single frequency machines.

• Like 5