I think Minelab may have pulled the extra early intro trick one time too often. The machine is not supposed to actually be available until sometime next year. In the meantime the Nokta/Makro Simplex+ is actually shipping, stealing the thunder. The gap between announcement and actual shipping dates on Vanquish is so large that people will have almost forgotten about it by the time it's available, or at least it will just be old news. It seems to me Minelab is squandering a certain amount of excitement that results in people making quick impulse buy type decisions. Given too much time people calm down and find reasons not to buy.

I can't say I am a big fan of machines being announcement way before they are available. Hopefully the trend reverses. It may be Vanquish proves to be the time it went to far and we we go back to manufacturers keeping a better lid on things until we can actually buy them.

Minelab Vanquish 340 Data & Specifications

Minelab Vanquish 440 Data & Specifications

Minelab Vanquish 540 Data & Specifications

minelab-vanquish-540-metal-detector-studio-photo.jpg
Minelab Vanquish 540 metal detector

• Like 3

I will have my Vanquish in December (next month), my dealer already has one.

• Like 1

I guess they take longer to get to the USA, I recall we had the Equinox a bit sooner than most too.  Silly of them not to try get in on the Christmas rush in the USA.

• Like 1

Steve,

A very valid point.  Funny how we have two opposing scenarios here with anticipated new machines: The Vanquish, which has been teased to the max, and the Fisher Manta/Impulse AQ that has gone ridiculously dark after some now ancient teasing.  How about just actually making a new product and then having it available to purchase?  Guess that's just old school thinking, eh?

• Like 2

It's a bad tactic, not only does it annoy potential customers it also allows the competition to know what's coming, and give them some time to get their act together on a competing detector.  It seems Vanquish will be at OZ/NZ dealers in December.  They must be sending the US ones over on a paddle steamer as they're taking a few months longer.  It's a race who will be first in Australia between the Simplex and Vanquish as both look like they'll hit at the same time.

Minelab is probably going to make them waterproof now that the Simplex is out.

Why would any Equinox owners buy a  Vanquish? Yes they have smaller coils that we want for the Equinox but still would an Equinox owner buy a Vanquish.

Guess I can't say that because I have an Equinox and have a Simplex coming on Monday lol. I guess Equinox owners will be buying the Vanquish. Hope they make it waterproof. 

• Like 1

It won't be made waterproof, it's already in production and it would eat into the Equinox market, it's cheap alternative to the Nox for people who don't want to spend that much and it's there to destroy the low end detectors like the Ace series and other dated high end models like the T2/F75 and some of the Whites lineup and so on may just become casualties of competition.  It's not meant to be competition to the Nox so it's not targeting Nox users. 

What will be interesting is how the 8x5" coil goes on small gold in all metal mode on the Vanquish.  How will it compare to the 6" Nox coil. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

Minelab is probably going to make them waterproof now that the Simplex is out.

Why would any Equinox owners buy a  Vanquish? Yes they have smaller coils that we want for the Equinox but still would an Equinox owner buy a Vanquish.

Guess I can't say that because I have an Equinox and have a Simplex coming on Monday lol. I guess Equinox owners will be buying the Vanquish. Hope they make it waterproof. 

1. Cost

2. Color

3. Ergonomics

4. Uses AA batteries

5. Less complex

6. Size/collapsability

7. Coils

8. Desire for Multi-IQ without having to buy the Equinox

I personally would love the form factor of the Vanquish with the ability/performance of the Equinox.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, phrunt said:

It's a bad tactic, not only does it annoy potential customers it also allows the competition to know what's coming, and give them some time to get their act together on a competing detector.  It seems Vanquish will be at OZ/NZ dealers in December.  They must be sending the US ones over on a paddle steamer as they're taking a few months longer.  It's a race who will be first in Australia between the Simplex and Vanquish as both look like they'll hit at the same time.

I agree and I can't stand the strategy of announcing something well before it's actually available. But Minelab isn't stupid and they've done some number crunching and concluded (correctly or not) that this current strategy is better than the alternative. Well, at least I hope they're not stupid. After all, they did design their Pro-Finds to use 9V batteries...

• Haha 1