Coins & Relics From An Old S. P. Desert Stop

Very nice finds, I need to find another place to hunt.

The areas I have been on lately has so much chatter it makes me think there is something wrong with my 800.

If I can't get it to work better I will be sending it in to make sure that it isn't broken.

Great discoveries!  I'm surprised you didn't find any small denomination coins.  I bet they're still there.  Maybe the difficulty of the ground is hiding them so far.  That padlock in particular is a nice find, with manufacturer and what appears to be usage wording, or is that just the model of the padlock?

I'm not used to that kind of ground so can't help you with your settings.  But you might want to take some coins out there, bury them (I wouldn't go deep, at least at first) and then adjust your settings to maximize the responses.

Thanks for posting and please continue to do so as you pull more goodies out of that site.

Can’t say I’ve really hunted a place like that but if I was Beach Mode would be at the top of my list, and sensitivity down until stable. I have found most people want stable detectors but also will not reduce sensitive far enough to get the for fear of losing depth. It’s generally just a choice... high sensitivity, deal with the chatter, or turn it down and be happy. You will still find stuff.

GB: Thanks, have found dimes but the condition is so poor that it wasn't worth showing. The lock reads Southern Pacific Co.Roadway and Bridge Department.

Steve: I have been running sensitivity like "low beams in the fog" particularly in difficult conditions, I like stable. The beach 1 mode is the best in the alkali mud for sure as I have toggled back and forth to park 1,the most reliable signal is beach. I am sure this place has been detected multiple times over the years, the Equinox being the advantage. The site is giving my friend with a T2 fits

• Like 1

Excellent finds dsrtdwg !!!!!

Anything "old SP" is exciting to me. I now wish I hadn't of turned over my SP collectables to a collector. 

I'll be heading your way next month after some research.

My hunting partner was born & raised in Calexico and hopefully has some sites for us to check out.