Hoping For A Nokta / Makro Pulse Induction Detector

Super Rad!

First and most importantly it must give the SDC2300 a run for its money. If it can challenge the Zed sweet. But most gold is in the SDC2300 realm.

Second, super lite weight 

Third, rain proof yes, water proof NO. Land detectors dont make great water detectors. Water detectors dont make great land detectors in the pi world. We need a great land unit.

As for coils compatible to Gpx would be nice but not at the cost of cutting edge tech.

Must have an led interface with a vdi system. Something no other PI has done. Ok this should be second on the list. 

If  Discrimination was possible that would also be a game changer.

Built under the makro name, not nokta. The style makro does things is perfect. Nokta not so much, with all their dials.

Personal profile settings at least 3 for quick change in the field.

Lite weight is a must have.

Last, must have three or more coils. A super small sniper coil 7.5×5 type a nice med coil and also a large elliptical coil say 12×8. Coil swapping should be quick and simple.

I have owned several makro units. They are awesome. I have been a firm believer that makro would be and could be the company that topples minelab. That or forces minelab to change its approach concerning listening to its customers and build what we want our way.

Dont make a cheap PI. Affordable yes, but has to be a top end unit. The first one should wow people. Then build a cheap unit. 2 thousand range would be a good start range.

Let the gauntlet be thrown.

• Like 2

On 11/14/2019 at 7:27 AM, DigsAlot said:

Built under the makro name, not nokta. The style makro does things is perfect. Nokta not so much, with all their dials.

There is no Nokta name or Makro name. The companies combined and there is only one name on all their detectors.... Nokta | Makro

nokta-makro-detection-technologies-logo.jpg

I agree it’s a mouthful, I would have just picked one myself. But they did not and it is what it is. I often refer to them as NokMak for short.

• Like 2

I disagree on the discrimination. Part of my success I Nevada is the ability to control what I see and hear. Vdi and discrimination allows me to pick and choose high probability targets. Steve did a write up about hunting patches verse cleaning out patches. Vdi and discrimination makes this a lot more accurate. Phrunt you have a tendency to over look the fact you are on perfect ground with the ability to jack your settings to max levels and not fight hot rocks and or heavily mined areas with tons of hunting/camping traffic. The US and main Europe suffer from the above immensely. The more info and control we have the better our choices in action will be. 

An older prospector (coin shooter mostly) said to me once and summed it up best, "I only have six many ups and downs in my back each day". 

If you take all the trash and false earth you dig and multiple it by hundreds fold you will begin to understand the rest of the communities desire for more knowledge of a target before digging. 

Also just because you have a thing does not mean you have to use a thing. To have and not need is better than to need and not have.

Best part is, to each their own and I respect your views. Healthy discussion breeds innovation.

• 3 years later...

“Nomak”….….even Shorter…. But Heck,This could Work!? 😉

IMG_0010.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Nice…
IMG_0315.thumb.jpeg.04cf6dccae22ab7fab3d322a5e26ff7c.jpeg

When I recently opened the box, I quickly noticed something, well...”New”..

I had a feeling that it was settled.. And Now we KNOW..😉
Rad🤙🏻

• 2 months later...
On 11/9/2019 at 9:48 AM, Nokta Detectors said:

PI - it will come... it is just that some projects took over  priority. 

Getting close?

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 6:49 PM, Ndplumr said:

Getting close?

I asked Dilek directly....she declined to answer which 'normally' means something is still happening...

• Like 2