Coils For AT Gold

lauchon03

Hi guys, I have a question, can a coil break the detector computer? because a friend has a garrett at gold and he placed the Nel Storm coil for AT GOLD, after using it for a few hours I turned off the detector for lunch, and when turning it on it did not work anymore, the garrett guarantee said it was a factory problem and it replaced. Now, I want to try that coil with different large nuggets 5g, 10g and 15g but I'm afraid to break my detector, is there any way to check the resistance of the coil and values are optimal for AT gold? Could the coil break the detector? I clarify that it is a coil for AT gold

if you know if someone else had the same problem of sudden death in the detector? ..... on the other hand I was doing depth tests with nugget in At gold, At Max and equinox 800 .... the At gold with coil of  8.5x11 "has more depth in nuggets of 0.5gr in 1gr onwards ... now I want to try the Nel storm coil is" DD "and a little bigger .... with respect to the Equinox I can not get used to so much noise  on my ground I feel that garrett is more stable and silent

• 2 weeks later...

I was told the AT series coils are compatible to the AT series machines including the Max. Also when switching coils make sure you do a factory reset by holding the power button on for 8 sec. I believe this allows the machine to balance itself to the new coil.

Make sure when swapping coils on the AT that the connector o ring is clean and has some petroleum jelly or silicone grease to keep it waterproof. Lastly never run a machine without a coil or swap while the machine is powered on.

Your AT gold should hit tiny gold fine and if the Nox is set to 18khz it should be about the same. Larger coils you may want to investigate the Ultimate DD from Detech at I have heard nothing but great things about it and it is lighter than the stock dd. I found the Nel to be strong but heavy.