Sure Grip For 600 & 800

Joe D.

Have been looking at this on Ebay and decided to order one today to try out! We will see how it functions!

I currently don't have a proper shop, or else i would probably make one myself, out of an old nylon cutting board! If it works out, i may make a few for my other detectors! But for now, I'll just purchase!👍

20191109_205439.jpg

20191109_205412.jpg

20191109_211822.jpg

• Like 1

Let us know if you notice much difference Joe. If you do I might stick a wrist strap on it to accomplish the same thing. I'm with Simon and haven't really noticed a need but my arm does get tired so maybe it is from gripping and I just dont realize. 

• Like 1

I love clever ideas like this Sure Grip that makes detecting life easier. 

This is what I did before I saw the Sure Grip.  I cut a swimming noodle to a convenient thickness, cut a slit in it so I could simply slip it around the top of the handle.  It buffers the control box from weighing on my hand and stays on with no problem.  It's nice and comfy but easily removed when cleaning my EQX.  The Sure Grip however would be better when submerged in water.

942772845_FoamGrip.jpg.65f7e25b865d066967aa94a50d1f6e37.jpg

• Like 6

If you have a 3D printer , save some money and modify this model to your liking:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2873737

• Like 3

Thanks all for the input; love the noodle cushion idea! I will post after i use for awhile!

I'm left handed, and i have some old injuries to tendons and ligaments in my left arm! So i do get some pain after gripplng the handle of a detector for more than an hour or two! I thought this may help by allowing me to loosen my grip a little and still swing the detector! I've tried a strap before, but its not so much a weight issue, as it is a grip issue! It's not any manufacturer flaw or defect in how the grips are made; its just me! 

I've tried to detect right handed, but i look like I'm on drugs, swinging a detector! 🤣  It's the same trying to throw a ball right handed! It goes about 10 feet! LOL

PS: Simon is still a young lad,  compared to most of us! And he's too LUCKY to have aches and pains!! Constantly digging up coins means less time swinging the detector!🤣🤣 Luckyphrunt!!

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 5:33 AM, ColonelDan said:

I love clever ideas like this Sure Grip that makes detecting life easier. 

This is what I did before I saw the Sure Grip.  I cut a swimming noodle to a convenient thickness, cut a slit in it so I could simply slip it around the top of the handle.  It buffers the control box from weighing on my hand and stays on with no problem.  It's nice and comfy but easily removed when cleaning my EQX.  The Sure Grip however would be better when submerged in water.

942772845_FoamGrip.jpg.65f7e25b865d066967aa94a50d1f6e37.jpg

That is awesome, and unlike the sure grip, it doesn't interfere as much with getting your thumb  up on the control panel.  Great job, Dan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What I like is coming up with simple solutions yourself ( like colonel dans) not every thing has to be purchased, although for some it’s easier to just order something somebody was motivated enough to offer as a hobbyist/ entrepreneur. 

My solution was a 1/2” diameter silicone tube that wraps around the handle and is held by an 8” long zip tie.  Many easy solutions for this   

• Like 2

6 hours ago, relicmeister said:

What I like is coming up with simple solutions yourself ( like colonel dans) not every thing has to be purchased, although for some it’s easier to just order something somebody was motivated enough to offer as a hobbyist/ entrepreneur. 

My solution was a 1/2” diameter silicone tube that wraps around the handle and is held by an 8” long zip tie.  Many easy solutions for this   

I very much like your solution!  I'll give that a try tomorrow.  It's obvious to me that yours will be better than mine in water for sure and would serve the same purpose all around.

Good job!!!  👍

• 5 months later...

Heyyyy!! Simon!!

Great to hear from you! Hope all is well with you, and the family!

I obviously haven't been on here much lately! Like so many, I've had to deal with the family and friends getting this damn virus! But I've managed to avoid it so far! 

I'm trying to catch up on here but I'm way behind! 

Back to the "gadget"!  I saw you all talking about grips, and how for each individual it varies by detector, and aftermarket/DIY fixes!  While i could have made that piece myself, i thought for the price, it was a wash! 

So, the short time i got to use it, it did take some of the stress off my forearm! But like your back, the pain can come and go, based on what i did right; or wrong to it, on a particular day! So its like anything else we try, to improve our comfort in the field!  

You have much more experience with a large array of detectors, so i appreciate when you, Steve, and others make some base recommendations for detectors, shafts, coils, grips, etc.. It's a system, and no one thing is perfect for the masses!

And by the way, I've also enjoyed your posts on the Vanquish! I'll probably be shopping for another detector next year to replace the AT Pro, so that is a strong candidate!  I will have to see what the new Garrett, and a few others come up with first!

Stay Safe👍👍

On 4/28/2020 at 9:26 PM, phrunt said:

buying anything from overseas isn't happening anymore, no planes are flying

I'd say they still do for exchanging goods?

I've printed that grip last week. First impressions: Nice, but doesn't do wonders. For me it's a little bit too high to feel a big relief. I've modified it, so that the thumb can easily reach all the buttons.

Maybe I'll give that swimming noodle mod a try. It has the bonus, that the machine doesn't sink when it falls into the water 😁

• Like 1