What Do You Make Of These Piles?

Skookum

21 minutes ago, vanursepaul said:

Oh my...

its obvious, the  heavier big rocks or what’s left when  The wind blew the sand away from them.... kids pfft 

All right! All right! I concede! The wind made the piles- - - - but the wind came from a dry washer.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, alaskaseeker said:

Freds correct, those are rake piles....

That was my very first thought that popped into my mind when they first popped into my view.  It's funny how I didn't even see them the first time around when camping nearly right on the spot.  The second time around it was almost as if my subconsciousness noticed there was something odd about their organization throughout the surrounding area.  I think what caused me to miss them in the first place was that they had weathered to nearly flush with the surrounding dirt.  There were about 17 to 20 of them in a 100 sq ft area.  I found another area removed about 1/4 mile from them that looked very similar, but only had 5 to 6 rock piles--again, without tailings or digs.

So, if they truly happened to be rake piles, all from about the same time period, how would you choose to go about testing the area?

On 11/11/2019 at 9:09 AM, geof_junk said:

I would be in cruise mode around the edges of that area.

As the area looks shallow to me. I would do what I said before but I would use a coil of the elliptical type for coverage as the good size pieces will come up with little problems but the smaller bits will be easier to hear with the narrower width of a elliptical than round coil of the same size. Wish you luck, from what you have said it looks like the previous prospectors were chasing scattered gold. So cover a lot of ground around the workings.  

• Like 1