Simplex+ Frequency Shift Question

Hi all...new to forum as I am also new to metal detecting. Just received my Simplex, going over the settings and I noticed something that I hope other owners can help me with. In the manual it says there are 5 Frequency Shift settings, F1 thru F5. In every YouTube video I've watched, that shows the settings of the Simplex, I've seen these 5 "F" settings. But on mine I have just 3 (F1, F2 & F3). Does anyone know why mine is just showing 3? Yes I've updated the firmware and running v2.68. Note: it was also showing just 3 Frequency Shift setting options before I updated the firmware from v2.67.

Simplex Frequency.jpg

1 hour ago, Brushcreek said:

from Nokta one of the updates to the Simplex

4. Frequency Shift:

• Frequency shift channels have been optimized and dropped to 3 channels: F1-F2-F3. F2 is the center frequency.

Thank you so much Brushcreek! I Googled and couldn't find anything. I didn't think about going back and looking at the changes they made to each firmware version. All the videos I watched must have been using older firmware plus the manuals have not been updated so I was stumped. Thanks again!

Welcome to the forum RJ!!

Stay here long, and you can't help but learn! Good luck with the new hobby, and the new detector!👍👌

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum RJ and congrats on purchasing from the detector company with the best customer service in the industry bar none!

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 4:46 AM, Nokta Detectors said:

Dilek is here:-) I will get it taken care of next week... I am traveling..sorry guys. 

Dilek, you are on the ball! No apology necessary! Have a good trip!👍👌

• Like 1