Question About New Detectors Not Publically Known

I’m sorry to hear about the accident. 

I don’t buy a detector until I need it to prevent the warranty from running out for no reason. In other words, why buy in the fall if I don’t need until spring. Another factor now is prices are dropping rapidly, waiting may save you money. And last, you never know, something new may appear, but I don’t hold my breath for that sort of thing.

On the flip side if I wanted to go detecting next week and had no detector I would get one. Life is short and next year may never come. But that’s just me.

• Like 3

Let me know if you will sell the remains... 

Depending on what shape they are in I might have a detector to trade also.  I had a eq800 but sold it and went back to my 3030.

I’m an electronics engineer and would enjoy trying to resurrect them.

The CTX is great. Goes as deep as you’d want and detects pretty small stuff.  Just need a harness to use it.  Doesn’t sweep well through the water - my arm is still hurting after a week and a half.

I think we are like 3 years away from a new detector that seriously improves on the CTX’s feature set but you can get a Simplex from the looks of it for $300 and detect the majority of the same targets until then.  

• Like 2

On 11/11/2019 at 7:17 AM, bklein said:

Simplex from the looks of it for $300 and detect the majority of the same targets until then

The Simplex really is so much detector for so little money it’s going to be the default answer to lots of questions going forward. Don’t know if you like detecting, don’t know what you need, can’t decide what to do? Just get a Simplex and it will all sort out. Anyone that can’t afford $250 just to give it a go probably needs to save their money for more important things anyway. In a couple months you will be able to get used ones with remaining warranty for under $200. I may pick one of those up because.... well, why not? :smile:

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the accident, it sounds serious , was fire involved? How damaged is the search-coil for the Equinox ? I would actually be interested in obtaining it if it was not destroyed, I'm wanting the electronics board out of it for a tinkering project.
Thanks.

On 11/11/2019 at 7:16 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

.On the flip side if I wanted to go detecting next week and had no detector I would get one. Life is short and next year may never come. But that’s just me.

Life is short and next year may never come omg imagine that in every ad LOOOOOOOL

RR

• Haha 1

Insurance company took them in exchange for Full retail +tax comp. They both worked but due to the detectors getting thrown I decided to turn them in. I will just get a simplex to mess around with until I find a good deal on a ctx or an 800.. Sorry all for replying to everyones posts all at once. Ty all