Orx Hits A Small Silver Ring Today!

RobNC

It was a lucky day today. I've been in a silver lust mode and wanted a ring of some sort. Well today both things seemed to crash into one another. Took the ORX out and went over a place I've been to before. This place has produced some whet pennies and clad stuff but I never expected to find this little kid's ring. It was down just a few inches and rang up 90-91 on my XP ORX.  Really thought it was a dime. Inside there is a 925 marking. It's sterling silver! Brought it home applied the baking soda with a drop of water to shine her up a little. Can't figure out if a kid used this on their finger or as a toe ring. It's very small. For all of you that wonder.. YES the XP ORX will hit the goodies!

ring1.jpg

s925inner.jpg

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, kac said:

Nice find, looks like a kids ring with the puppy on it.

From what I can tell it is a teddy bear. There was a company named Silvermoon making them. They aren't worth much but pretty cool find nonetheless.

Here is a link I found that sold it once upon a time

• Like 1

Hi Rob,

I am not trying to out do you here. I feel like good finds for an "under the radar" detector should be promoted. Thanks for starting the thread.

I am a giant fan of the Equinox and it will find some awesome targets. However, even with just 3 tones and audio, which most of the time I find really offensive, when the ORX hits a good target within 5" of the surface it is totally obvious that I have to dig it whether it is a coin or jewelry. These three rings were No Brainers. Two 925s and a Platinaire. They were all found in thick aluminum trash with targets overlapping.

All three had great tones and rock solid ID. 

I mostly use the ORX for gold prospecting and relic hunting. Obviously, it is working for us as a coin and jewelry detector too.

Jeff

IMG_1468.jpg

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Hi Rob,

I am not trying to out do you here. I feel like good finds for an "under the radar" detector should be promoted. Thanks for starting the thread.

I am a giant fan of the Equinox and it will find some awesome targets. However, even with just 3 tones and audio, which most of the time I find really offensive, when the ORX hits a good target within 5" of the surface it is totally obvious that I have to dig it whether it is a coin or jewelry. These three rings were No Brainers. Two 925s and a Platinaire. They were all found in thick aluminum trash with targets overlapping.

All three had great tones and rock solid ID. 

I mostly use the ORX for gold prospecting and relic hunting. Obviously, it is working for us as a coin and jewelry detector too.

Jeff

IMG_1468.jpg

No problem here! I'm glad to be finding anything better than crusty clad coins.  Nice looking rings there, and although I did try the Equinox myself the tone style did not suit my ears at all for some reason. The more I use the ORX the more I like it. Between it and the T2SE, they are making a good team for my purposes.

Hope you find a lot more good rings and coins!

• Like 1

CZ and Amethyst on the left. Probably CZs on the right.....hard to see but the girdles appear to be smooth and shiny. Diamonds and sapphires in the middle.

Jeff

If you have a loop, look through one of the facets and look for any rainbow colors. CZ's will refract light. No rainbow colors it's a diamond.

I was tempted to buy a tester but know if I did I would jinx myself and never find another.

I know a lot of people like diamonds and nothing else but the amethyst and cz ring looks nice. A little color makes a ring pop

• Like 2

Amethyst does look good, better on silver I think. Found this thing 14k amethyst ring couple years ago and doesn't doesn't stand out as much as the silver ring. Sorry pic is blury and my niece has it now.

IMG_0390.JPG

• Like 1