Well, Eight Days In Nevada Produced No Gold....

The easy (detecting) gold is pretty much gone except for private property. All my nuggets past couple years have come from dry wash piles. Can't bring back the 80's and 90's on public land.  Time to move dirt just like the good o'l days!  Only exception is maybe hit a beach for rings and jewelry that doesn't need 100 million years to replenish!  

Sometimes the truth really hurts!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, 1515Art said:

The spot farther up the canyon sounds like very interesting ground indeed, if you camp out up there for the night with the big cats roaming around don’t forget to bring the dog and gun for under your pillow😀.

I don't worry about lions, much. Most of the places I prospect they're always around. I even quit carrying a firearm. I do carry a large, very sharp knife.....don't want to go down without a fight...LOL. If a big cat gets that close to me, I'm toast regardless of the weapon carried anyway.

Jim

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Nevada when it is nice is some of the most pleasant metal detecting I've ever done, gold or no gold.

The vistas, the silence, the wildlife and the atmosphere make Northern Nevada one of the best places to hunt. There are few places that rival it. Yes the gold is getting scarce but like Lucky says nobody gets it all, there's always that next hillside. From Southern California where, in the spots nearby, 'pounded' takes on a whole new meaning, N. Nevada still looks pretty promising.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Gee Jim, I'm sorry you did not do better with the gold. Sadly the nuggets are not growing back as fast as they are being found. Back in the 80's and even 90's we heard a lot more about one ounce days. Now it's more like a few grams is a big day, and too many skunk days in between.

At least in Nevada I can wander around in the sun in open country not finding gold. In Alaska is was more like thick brush dodging bears while being swarmed by mosquitoes in pouring down rain. And no snakes and crazy sticker bushes like Arizona. Nevada when it is nice is some of the most pleasant metal detecting I've ever done, gold or no gold.

northern-nevada-wide-open-spaces.jpg

I agree with Steve. However for the purpose of science and through vetting of his claim. I am happy to detect his honey holes for comparison, just as soon as he tells me there locations. Pin pointed on a map, with notes on where to look; he could even go out the night before and put little flags marking the nuggets. That would be great, Mmmm K. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1