Heading Into New Ground So VLF Coil Advice Is Helpful

Heading to Rye Patch for the weekend and bringing my Nokta with and just curious as to the best size coil to use...am I looking deep ...shallow or what???? I've heard things like going over with a big coil then over the same area with the smaller coil....honestly this is where inexperience green comes in...thnx

My limited experience in Northern Nevada indicates the gold can be deep or shallow, small or larger...I suspect your best bet is to work carefully under the sage bushes...watch out for little and very hard to see rattlers!

fred

This may seem obvious but on shallow bedrock the gold will be shallow, where material is deeper gold may be deeper. Use a small coil where you see bedrock exposed or think it is less than 4" deep. Use the larger coil where you think the ground is deeper.

In highly mineralized ground a small coil will "see" less ground and will ground balance better and may actually punch deeper than a large coil. A small coil also has the edge working in and around the base of rocks and bushes.

Always take both as a small coil takes no room and is a good backup just in case.

• Like 4