New For 2020 - Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro..

Steve...the detector itself is one of the best ,, ...yes and the price I am also interested .. ,, monentally still the price and availability of the detector is not known, but this information on availability and price will be updated ..

As a Tek-G2 user, I am pleased that this detector concept goes further ... and new features are added...

• Like 1

I really like the F19 and the G2+ a little more (I like the rod design on the G2+) but frankly I thought they were very overpriced when they came out, over $700 U.S. for what was obviously an enhanced Gold Bug Pro. Fisher was making a killing. At the newer $449 price I have actually been looking at them recently... I really do like the straight forward simplicity of the machine. But now with detectors like the Simplex+... well, even $449 seems too high.

A Simplex+ versus F19 or G2+ runoff would be interesting, 12 kHz versus 19 kHz. I don't really need waterproof. Frankly I don't need another detector! But depending on price I may have my first Bounty Hunter ever. Have to have a NEL Snake also to go with it.

• Like 1

Love the faceplate and the RED (Vanquish) cover on the bottom of the 11x7 coil. Might have a push on connector so better make an adapter.

I'm on my 3rd F19/G2+.  I finally got a "Hot" one. Way better sensitivity and depth (by 2") compared to my previous weaker ones and the newest version of the 10X5 coil is excellent.

Nice looking Bounty Hunter..........

Jeff

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Might have a push on connector so better make an adapter.

Jeff

Oh, that would be SO wrong... but you may be right. Way to put a roadblock in the way of all those existing aftermarket coils, and for what purpose really? Just to make this more "amateur" versus their "pro" models with a proper connector? Sure we can make adapters, but let's hope they are not that petty.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to New For 2020 - Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro..

The current Time Ranger can be had for $225 so if they keep that model and price the "Pro" higher, like $249 - $299 it might do well. The vast majority of Big Box store buyers have never heard of Nokta/Makro. Over $300 and they lost me for sure.

Really nutty right now. Gold Bug Pro models are going for $499 or more, like the Gold Bug DP for $599, but you can find the F19 with 6x10 or 7x11 coil for $449 at some vendors. People are paying more for the less capable Gold Bug Pro not knowing they can get more bang in the F19 for less. I guess that is the FT smoke and mirrors game in a nutshell.

If they hit the $300 mark and it is compatible with previous aftermarket coils for the platform I’ll definitely grab one.  My friend that got me into the hobby has a G2 that he let me borrow a few times and it’s a great machine.  I’m always trolling for a good price on a used G2 F19 or GB variant but they always seem to hold on to that $350-$400 range.  

• Like 1

I doubt whether Fisher manage to sell any F19/GB PROs or G2+ here in Australia having such high pricing, there are simply too many other deeper/faster machines out there with selectable frequencies (including approx 20kHz freq) at more attractive pricing and with a more comprehensive feature set.  Want any of the above detectors here then you are looking north of $1200-1300au to own one which is quite frankly ridiculous for older platforms. 

Want a Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 here and you are looking at just under $700au which makes you wonder how much they are milking from you.

Whilst I know some of that pricing is due to the weaker AU dollar, some of these numbers just don't stack up, nor do they do First Texas any favours on managing to sell any detectors here.  As a comparison the Equinox 800 sells for nearly the same price as a an F19 here, bit of a no brainer on which to go for.  About time FT extend discounting beyond the US if they want to remain competitive globally.

• Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

Seems like they would have the margin to "price equalize". I used to sell Honda generators among other things and they shipped to Alaska for free and we sold for the same price as dealers everywhere else.

But I saw it first hand on everything there it seemed. When I went to Australia the exchange rate was about even, a dollar for a dollar. But everything in Oz sold for twice as many dollars!  So even though the exchange rate was even I lost half my purchasing power.

There may be taxes and import duties and such at work that FT can't control. But the numbers you describe are crazy when I see the Discovery 3300 going for $100 here.

• Like 1

OK, I used Yandex to do a direct translation from the image below. It is basically word for word off the F19 flyer once you take translation into account. The Teknetics G2+ comes with the 7' x 11" DD coil, so another mix and match. Basically we have the F19 with the G2+ coil flying the Bounty Hunter label. Fisher did add the 7" x 11" coil as an option at time of purchase on the F19 also if you shop around.

NEW from BOUNTY HUNTER
Time Ranger Pro Metal Detector
ADVANCED TARGET SEPARATION
* Fe Tone adjustable iron volume level
* Advanced V-Break", tone discrimination system
* Notch mode with adjustable range
* GROUND GRAB * processor controlled ground balance
* Unparalleled separation in iron-infested locations
* Continuous measurement of soil conditions
The ground phase value shows the type of mineralization
Fe 3O4 graphic indicates the current value of Earth mineralization
* Optimized soil balance on the sea beach