New For 2020 - Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro..

On 11/12/2019 at 6:14 PM, phrunt said:

A Nel snake is an absolute must for any of the GBP varients, a really good combination, same with the Fisher 10x5"

The F19 actually came (should make that preesnt tense -- 'comes' since it's still on the market) stock with the 5"x10" DD, which I recall being Steve H.'s preferred gold hunting coil for the Gold Bug Family.  I have all three FT stock coils for my GB Pro and like all 3, but if I were to do it over I'd get the F19 (with 5"x10") and add the NEL snake and Detech Ultimate.  I call that the 'Phrunt' upgrade!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Yep, an F19 with the 10x5" as stock and a Snake and an Ultimate is a great combination, a detector I'd be very happy with.  You can go prospecting by morning and coin/jewellery hunting in the afternoon, and on a hot day coin/jewellery hunt the beach too. If they made it a good price someone could have that as their only detector and do very well and be happy....

Is this another example of "do what I say, not what I do"?? 😁

19 minutes ago, phrunt said:

I hope the F19 has volume control, that'd top it off but probably asking too much from a rehash. 

That was one of the big additions in the F19 over Gold Bug Pro. Backlight, notch disc, and both regular plus ferrous volume. It is however controlled by the oddest volume control I have ever seen in a detector, hard to get you head around reading it but it works just fine in practice. Most of us run machines at full volume so from 11 - 20 you are just setting the ferrous volume. I don't care much about the notch disc or backlight, its the ferrous volume I wanted.

Right anyone looking at a Gold Bug Pro should be getting a F19 instead, way more features and a lower price!

fisher-f19-teknetics-g2+-volume-settings.jpg

4 hours ago, phrunt said:

They can keep their 7x11" coil, I never took to that coil, even on the T2 I disliked it, the Ultimate took it's place, better than the Tornado in my opinion.  I do have both.

Agree, would MUCH rather see it come with the white color closed loop elliptical 10" coil, it's a great coil for relic hunting. 

What First Texas is missing is an 11 "round coil... add.. deep, yet it is a lightweight coil and is still sensitive enough for small items .. while this type the coil ...also strongly supports 3D deep separation .

...it is no coincidence that many detector manufacturers use such a coil as a standard coil..

13" Ultimate coil.. Surprise...,it is deep coil..for coins..

I'm afraid many Gold bug pro / G2 users will consider upgrading to the Bounty Hunter Time ranger-Pro .. if it has the right price ..

• Like 2

I see this Bounty Hunter has a backlite, will it be the red one like it's counterpart?   Red backlighting is most excellent for night hunts.

I know I poo pooed this when I initially saw it, but I know the G2/F19 was a killer relic hunter in iron, and was supposed to be a button magnet, so it'll be interesting to see how this rehash updated model pans out.  Very curious to learn what the pricing will be.

1 hour ago, Cal_Cobra said:

I see this Bounty Hunter has a backlite, will it be the red one like it's counterpart?   Red backlighting is most excellent for night hunts.

I know I poo pooed this when I initially saw it, but I know the G2/F19 was a killer relic hunter in iron, and was supposed to be a button magnet, so it'll be interesting to see how this rehash updated model pans out.  Very curious to learn what the pricing will be.

Fixed it for you. 

What was the last actual new model from First Texas anyway? F11-44? I know those were probably the same technology, but they look different from the rest of their lineup.

On 11/14/2019 at 9:06 PM, D&P-OR said:

Couple of questions:  (1) Does this BH Time Ranger Pro have adjustable "V" break?

If it's based on the F19 (as all indicators point) then it will.  Having V-break and discriminate level tied to each other on the Gold Bug was too restrictive but they fixed it for the F19.  If you've read Jorge Saad's history of the Gold Bug development (page 11 of http://www.fisherlab.com/wtn-2014/) you'll see that they were afraid to make it too much of a coin and relic detector for fear of scaring away the target audience -- native gold hunters.

On 11/14/2019 at 10:03 PM, coinhunterseth said:

What was the last actual new model from First Texas anyway? F11-44? I know those were probably the same technology, but they look different from the rest of their lineup.

AFAIK, yes, that was First Texas's last new design, and it actually was new, not rebranding.  At least that's my understanding.

• Like 3