New For 2020 - Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro..

The Gold Bug Pro / F19 / G2 series has been around for years and lots of opinions can be found. I’ve owned all three. General consensus is great on low conductors and ok on high conductors. If you are hunting gold, bullets, buttons, etc. it’s about as good as it gets. If you are chasing silver coins, lots of detectors will do as well or better.

On 11/23/2019 at 11:12 AM, phrunt said:

I wish I could rearrange the screen layout on the GBP to have Target ID on all metal mode as the big ground phase numbers on the screen rather than the little meter up top, I'd mostly hunt exclusively in all metal mode then on it..  I'm surprised they haven't changed that over on the newer F19, it's an obvious thing that would greatly improve the detector with minimal effort for the manufacturer.

I agree. That huge ground phase number in all metal is almost worthless while the info you really need is on that hard to see  “speedometer” bar. I love the all metal mode on the GBP/F19/G2+ and that one change would be a major improvement for me. Ground phase information is almost totally irrelevant to most of my detecting and in any given area rarely changes anyway.

bounty-hunter-time-ranger-pro-controls-display.jpg

I've also had the GBP, F19, and G2+. I'm one of the few the preferred the F19 over the G2+ as the slight ergo advantage goes to the G2+, I prefer the more solid feel of the F19. The problem I had with the F19 was that once I used the Racer 2, the F19 never got used again. For my relic, ghost town, home sites, etc. the Racer 2 was the better performer. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro is now available at Amazon,,,,,,,$449

Sorry,,,,,removed the link.....you have to search for yourself.

HH
Mike

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

At that price it's not going to qualify for Steve's "under $400" forum.  :sad:  Looks like a drop-ship purchase ("Usually ships in 5 to 7 days").  Maybe that's becoming the norm, at least for the mega-retailers.

Just looked on Ebay and lots of sellers of a new Fisher F19 for that same price (even one that claims 'new' for $399...) with your choice of 5"x10" or 7"x11" coil.  Except for the pretty Blue color (but apparently only 7"x11" coil for the stock model) I don't see the advantage of the BH TRP.

5 hours ago, Mike Hillis said:

Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro is now available at Amazon,,,,,,,$449

Sorry,,,,,removed the link.....you have to search for yourself.

HH
Mike

Why did you remove the link? Now I have to track it down and post it. I appreciate people saving me the effort.

Bounty Hunter Time Ranger Pro

I'm disappointed to see it come in at the same price as the Fisher F19. Oh well.

I was hoping they'd link to a operating manual.

I like the blue color.

HH

Mike

4 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Found it for $399 elsewhere....

They just did that so it would make your "...detector under $400..." forum.  :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1