Goldmaster 4b Shaft Conversion

I was considering putting my 4b on a dfx shaft, doesn't look like a big deal to me, but guy at whites said different. If l had it on the dfx shaft l would have the option of straight shaft or s shaft with pistol grip depending on which lower shafts l use.  Has anyone ever done this before or have any info that might help me before l tackle this ? Thanks to all who reply.

1113191019.jpg

Never done it but like you I don't see any reason it can't be done. It is the same rod size, same box mount type. The only thing you would need to do is relocate the trigger switch into the GMT pod as is done on the DFX. I guess the question is if White's will sell you the bare DFX handle part required. As long as it's not too much money, you can proceed and back off at any point if the project seems to be going south.

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Never done it but like you I don't see any reason it can't be done. It is the same rod size, same box mount type. The only thing you would need to do is relocate the trigger switch into the GMT pod as is done on the DFX. I guess the question is if White's will sell you the bare DFX handle part required. As long as it's not too much money, you can proceed and back off at any point if the project seems to be going south.

I ordered the new handle from whites today ......$33 and some change and that includes the shipping. I never liked that s- rod, the handle is too slim for me . I think it will be a fairly simple conversion . I will post more as it progresses. Thank you Steve for your input. 

• Like 1