XP Orx Nice Gold

13 hours ago, Jeff McClendon said:

Took the ORX to 9,200 feet in the Colorado mountains today.

Surprised you can still hunt up there.  Dare I ask the temperature?  Great looking specie, BTW!!  Glad to hear the ORX is delivering for you.

40 F, windy but sunny. Much of the ground is snow covered but there are some areas that were thawed and fairly easy to dig with a pick. I may be able to get back up there a few more times before it is totally under several feet of snow which is usually by Christmas.

thanks,

Jeff

• Like 1

Thanks Steve,

The XP ORX is definitely a very viable option as a VLF prospecting detector. This is not the first detector I have taken to this location, nor is it the first gold that I have found there even though I have been skunked many times. It is the first time the ORX has been there and by far the biggest gold that I have found. I believed that this detector could absolutely handle the conditions presented there successfully, and it proved me right. I actually like the audio quality of Gold 1 and Gold 2  for gold prospecting and relic hunting. The audio for coin and jewelry in Coin Fast and Coin Deep is still unpleasant in my opinion.

Jeff

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2019 at 7:32 PM, Jeff McClendon said:

Took the ORX to 9,200 feet in the Colorado mountains today. It did really well in a lot of iron, tin, lead, brass, along with ironstone and gneiss/schist hot rocks. One 2.5 grain nugget/flake and a nice 1.5 gram specie. Gold 1 worked really well with frequency at 54 kHz, IAR 2, reactivity 2, iron volume on, sensitivity 90, threshold 10, 9" HF coil. The 1.5 gram specie was 6" deep with a nail and ironstone hot rock within  2 " radius. I could still hear the gold loud and clear. The 2.5 grain was 3" deep. The lead bullet and button back were both 8" deep.  I was fairly certain that the iron and tin can shards were iron range targets but there is so much black sand at this location that every target has a little iron response especially in the scoop. Kept thinking I was going to break the ORX in this rugged terrain. No problem. Can't wait to get back up to this location that is NOT known for any gold over 1/2 gram.

Jeff

DSCN9756.jpg

0EB06049-92C4-4712-AACC-B7EFF2BF9D3D.jpeg

I'm not showing off ...... But it really works once you tune your ears well !!!!!!!...... I pick limited trash, the sounds and woof woofs are evident to trash and gold ..... I do pick up some lead bullets once in a while ..... Congratulations on the nuggets !!!!!

MVIMG_20191124_103019-01.jpeg

Manny's Phone #4 022-2-2-2.jpg

• Like 1

Great gold with the ORX!!!!! I am planning several trips to AZ this winter.  The places I gold prospect in the Colorado mountains are also good relic sites so I usually do a little relic hunting too. Unlike some of the sites I go to in AZ, this particular site has an incredible amount of tiny tin shards from the old miners being concentrated in a small area. Those will sound like good targets until isolated in the last bit of the scoop.

good luck,

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...