Now We Know What The New Ftp Manufacturing Plant Is For....

Looks like their trying to compete with Flextronics with a for hire electronics manufacturing plant:

http://www.ftpcircuits.com/

FIRST TEXAS PRODUCTS ELECTRONICS MANUFACTURING

Modern manufacturing equipment, capable processes and a highly experienced workforce allow us to meet your requirements for quality and on-time delivery at a world-class competitive price.

PRODUCTS CREATED
984K+
GOODS SHIPPED
100%
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE

• Like 1

BTW the only reason I posted this, is that we've been theorizing that FTP built this new plant so they can start cranking out new flagship detectors, and while that may or may not be the case, it appears that their motive has a larger scheme. 

Perhaps they sense that at a certain point, perhaps they won't be able to compete with the likes of Minelab and Nokta Makro, in both the technological arena and heavily discounted new price points, but there will always be a need for a state of the art for hire manufacturing plant. 

I don't see this as a negative, just a different direction then perhaps many have considered in the past at preserving and future proofing FTP and whatever they may become in the future. 

Good to see that level of production in the USA. Should help with combating the counterfeit machines flooding the market.

• Like 2

At this point in time, it's the Aerospace and Defense sectors that are driving the electronics sector for US manufacturers.  1st Texas might have anticipated this huge increase in business and jumped in.  Companies like this purchase their laminate from suppliers like Dupont, Isola, Rogers, AGC Nelco just to name a few of the suppliers that meet the strict SQAP requirements of both Space and Defense PCB projects. 

But having your own PCB business allows you to control many of the quality and trade secrets that go along with the electronics industry.  Check this out

https://www.moog.com/markets.html

As you can see, Moog is into more than just one area of high end electronics. 

• Like 1

A long time ago I had the entire world supply of a certain “space rated” transistor (not an IC or a chip - just a stinking transistor) in my bottom right-hand desk drawer. I was a contracts manager at Allied Signal (now Honeywell since they bought Honeywell) and we had a product which used this component on a launch vehicle. We got an order for the product from a customer and suddenly the you know what hit that rotating thing.  

The parts in my drawer were absolutely required and WAY no longer available. Only problem was the “traceability” could not be documented.  A gap in the paperwork made them unusable.  A couple of weeks of furious phone calls (this was a while back!) and I scored the precious bit of paper.  Got a nice raise that year.

• Like 3