Penetrating Hot Rock Layer - GPZ Tuning Tips?

CCRV

4 minutes ago, Nevada Brian said:

I strongly suggest you adjust as many settings as possible, this is the best way to learn what the gpz is capable of.  Start by dumbing down the machine, and then slowly working in the opposite direction with the settings until you feel you have the optimum settings for the ground beneath the coil.  This will take some time and loads of patience, but you will become more efficient as time goes by. 

The hard part is over, you found gold, now you just need to get it all.  Have fun.

Brian.

Brian,

Thanks for the insight. Seems to be a consensus to "work up" with the GPZ. I have to admit, I got started with this unit a little cocky. I figured, I have swung detectors for hundreds of hours, how different could it be? Well, let's just say I've been humbled at bit, lol.

I'm actually really enjoying having to take the time to learn something new and have a new challenge. 

Hope to meet some day neighbor,

Beau

• Like 1

Hi Beau, just wanted to add that in a large percentage of tuning instances, if you go over gold the detector is going to react…obviously I don't mean while it's dumbed down etc., but it looks like you are spending enough time with the GPZ that you are getting close to settings that work. Those pieces are proof. Patience, good coil control and discipline with the way you cover your ground will always add benefits. Continued good learning and good luck.

• Like 1