What Is The Best Coil On Gpx4500 For Small Nuggets?

20 hours ago, phrunt said:

Some would say the Nugget Finder Sadie 8x6" however it's discontinued....

Rob has the NuggetFinder Sadie Advantage advertised at his site:

https://www.robsdetectors.com/nugget-finder-8x6-advantage-mono/

so apparently there is still inventory with some dealers.  This isn't to say the new NF Advantage coils aren't better, but they're also heavier and more expensive.  (Rob sells those, too.)  As always, balance trumps weight, so maybe the Sadie on the GP family is toe-light.  On the more reasonably weighted White's TDI/SL and QED PL-2, though, the Sadie is a dream to swing.

When the 14x9" Evo first came out I tested them out vs the Sadie. Both were on par on bits around 0.1g, but the response on the sadie was maybe a hair sharper. But anything deep and the 14x9" pretty well beat it easily. The 14x9" Evo is also better on harder to see gold, reefy stuff and spongy textured gold, as long as it's big enough to detect it in the first place. 

The 12x8" Evo will beat the Sadie on sensitivity and depth on all target sizes, except when in the worst mineralisation. Where the Sadie wins is edge coil sensitivity, so if working creeks, around rock bars or anywhere the coil isn't moving in a traditional side-to-side motion, I'd recommend the Sadie. On old workings, the 12x8" is the go, and will beat the SDC for depth, except again on those tricky hard to see bits. 

• Like 2

Hey Guys,

I have to agree, the NF Sadie has always been an all time favorite for bedrock hunting, working around objects and shallow ground. 

The Coiltek Joey 10x5 Mono prior to the NF Sadie was the all time favorite and most popular small coil back in the late 90' thru the mid 2000's.  

Both of these coils are still available from us, NF Sadie 8x6 Mono and the Coiltek 10x5 Joey Mono.  

The new NF EVO 12x8 is great, especially on the GPX series.  I think this is where most will find the greatest advantage, but works great also on older PI's, SD's and GP's.  

A lot of time it comes down to preference of the user.  There are great coils out there, but at some point you have to make up your mind on what you want.  I recommend a small coil for bedrock hunting and tight spots, then a mid-sized prospecting coil like the 14x9 or 15" Round, then a large coil for very deep areas or covering large amounts of ground.  I have always been a 3 coil guy, small, mid (95%) of my use, and a specialty or larger coil for here in the US.  

I don't believe you need every sized coil on the market.  

This year alone, the NF Sadie has been the hottest selling small coil here in the US.  The mid size coil is the 14x9 elliptical (Coiltek or NF) hands down.  This has always been the hottest selling coil size since the PI's hit the market here in the US. 

Rob

• Like 2