3 Inch To 4 Inch Conversion

Wow, your really going into detail for the motor HP and stuff! Im sure you will succeed with that attention to detail, and creat something that is unique and in demand$$$

Porting and polishing anything, be it a motor, or a pump and fittings is always going to increase preformance! And possibly reduce weight! But the cost and effort involved my not give you a sufficient return! And I'm sure the wear and tear on the equipment is far greater than normal due to the abrasive nature of dredging!  But on the positive side (maybe), as far as abrasives in water are concerned! They will eventually wear and polish anything they are pumped through! Good luck💰 And keep us posted here!

What a cool post.

A lot of dredgers I have talked to do not like the newer Keene foot valves like the ones that you have.  They are not as robust and do not hold a prime very well.  Keene uses them because they are less restrictive allowing more water in the intake hose.  I have them on my dredge and have notice they do not hold a primes like the older punch plate ones do.  

Anyway I have often wondered about motor upgrades to get more horse power for more water.  With limited research most of the parts even inexpensive.  My concern would be the life of the motor.